Tyler's 29Gal. Tank Project!

That's not a anemone. It's a Corallimorph, a type of mushroom coral. Pseudocorynactis species.

I've got a few in a crevice under some live rock. Very neat. Looks like a nem, but it isn't.

Could be wrong. Picture isn't great.

L

After looking it up. I think you are right. I like this though. It appears to not be problematic, and unless I feed it, it will not grow fast.

-Tyler

After looking it up. I think you are right. I like this though. It appears to not be problematic, and unless I feed it, it will not grow fast.

-Tyler

They are not problematic at all. A great little critter. Like a little anemone in looks without all of the nasty pest anemone habits. Feed it. Yours is out in the open, wish mine would come out and play, but I've got Halides they don't like a lot of light and Halides are different, they make the tank have pretty even PAR throughout, especially in a tank my size, meaning I don't really have any shady spots unless you're in a crevice. Other types of lighting will allow for more varied PAR along the depth of the tank.

L

It is still very small.. It also stays open at night, closes up most of the day or "semi-closed" due to light. what should I feed the little guy.

-Tyler

It is still very small.. It also stays open at night, closes up most of the day or "semi-closed" due to light. what should I feed the little guy.

-Tyler

It'll eat anything. What do you typically feed? My mushrooms regularly take frozen mysis, brine shrimp, baby brine shrimp, squid, anything. He's so little, he may be better off with frozen bbs for now.

L

-Tyler

It'll eat anything. What do you typically feed? My mushrooms regularly take frozen mysis, brine shrimp, baby brine shrimp, squid, anything. He's so little, he may be better off with frozen bbs for now.

L

Not sure what bbs is, but I feed my duncan mysis shrimp. I tear it into a small enough piece that he can consume it quickly (also give one to the shrimp to keep him occupied). I could try a very small piece early in the morning a couple hours before lights come on. He is wide open in the mornings. I never feed my mushies, they multiply too fast already.

-Tyler

-Tyler

L

Not sure what bbs is, but I feed my duncan mysis shrimp. I tear it into a small enough piece that he can consume it quickly (also give one to the shrimp to keep him occupied). I could try a very small piece early in the morning a couple hours before lights come on. He is wide open in the mornings. I never feed my mushies, they multiply too fast already.

-Tyler

bbs = baby brine shrimp. :D

I feed my Duncan mysis too. He eats like a pig. Whoops! Did I just say I have a Duncan? :look:

I DEMAND a photo! WHICH tank? where you gonna post it?

-Tyler

Biocube... Oh, Tyler, I put the "noobie" disclaimer up on page one, so you know I've been busy... :shifty:

I'll get a picture up soon. Probably tonight, though I do have pictures of the Duncan...

L

Here is a little bit better picture of the Corralimorph. Was able to get it more clear with just actinics, that is why it is so blue!

20120317_100009.jpg

-Tyler

Ok... We went to the LFS on Saturday to get some water.... and look at some zoas. We got this yellowy zoa frag for US$10, and then we were wondering about the crows nest he had, and he said... would you want to try it out? I said, "Well yes, but what about cost?" Well since it's your first one.. $5.00... SWEET!

So for $15 bucks we got a couple great adds to the tank! Did a 2 hour acclimation into the tank, they opened up within 15 minutes after placing them in their new home =)

20120317_155733.jpg

20120317_155716.jpg

-Tyler

Yes those are some nice additions. :) is that a stylopora?

And yes, I've got two of those corallimorphs in my nos tank now in addition the one living in my Yuma rock in my old 8g.

He told me it was a variety of Birds Nest Coral. I am no expert though. =/

-Tyler

He told me it was a variety of Birds Nest Coral. I am no expert though. =/

-Tyler

Most reactions

Back