The Official "hey Lovelies" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered 3 sponge filters for $9.99 shipping included.

3x180.jpg

Bettatown will apreciate..........

Sweet, great prices! Betta Town filters?

Man, the mods havent changed the competition pics yet! November is almost over too.

Where did you get those from? I want one for my fry/birthing tank ( had to buy some teta internet filter thing from walmart ), and one for my g/fs beta tank ( I'd say 5 gallon hexagon? but still no filter in it :/ )

I got these off eBay. I just ordered them so I can't comment on the quality, but here's a link to the auction I won. He's probably selling more in another auction:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ab8d8f75b

EDIT: Actually, it was a "Buy it now" auction and he has more left...................

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I got these off eBay. I just ordered them so I can't comment on the quality, but here's a link to the auction I won. He's probably selling more in another auction:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ab8d8f75b

EDIT: Actually, it was a "Buy it now" auction and he has more left...................

did you ever inwestigate making your own?? I understand 10 bucks won't break the bank, but you can make a heck of a filter for under two bucks..

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I looked up DIY spongefilters, and either the materials needed we dont have around here, or I could get but it would cost me 10 bucks or more

Hey Lovelies!
Oh guys, I'm so freaked out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, that's an understatement.
We thought we had mice the past couple of weeks so we've had traps set and lots of investegating and making sure no food is left out etc. Oh God. I don't know where to start. Nothing in the traps each day.
Long story short, I was reading in bed last night, hubby asleep beside me and I hear a noise. I thought great, we've caught one! I nestled down to my book again happily. About 20 mins later I hear more noise, much louder. I get freaked out and wake hubby. He says it's ok, we've probably caught a few in the traps (we had 6 set, 2 in the attic, 4 in the kitchen).
I don't feel right guys, I've had a niggly bad feeling all week. You probably know where I'm going with this. I can't lie up there any longer so I go to investigate. I creep downstairs, turn off the alarm, creep along to the kitchen and open the door enough to put my hand in to switch the light on. Then I push the door open.
No mouse in the trap I can see from where I'm standing.
But on the counter with it's back to me.
Slowly turning its head to look at me.
It looks right at me.
Is a f*$&*@g rat.
Guys really. I scream my head off to get hubby up and it goes off behind the washing machine and up through the wall cavities into the attic.
We now have a rat trap set but guys I'm so upset. I'm terrified and I can't understand how it got in. INTO OUR HOUSE!!!!!!
I know some of you may think I'm crazy but hey, what can I say. I'm very upset and absolutely terrified and I have two small children in the house. I'm crying all day. I won't go into the kitchen or leave the kids in there. If its not caught by tomorrow I'm packing up the kids and staying at my dads.
I know there are much worse problems but of all the everyday smallish problems one could have, this rates a million out of 10.
I'm planted in front of the fish tank with a huge glass of wine and those poor fish are helping me keep sane at the moment.
Guppy time. Sorta.
sad1.gif
sly.gif
evilmad.gif
no.gif
cry1.gif
ohmy.png
sad.png

I feel you fintastic, we've had mice before. We tried being humane and releasing them after being caught, but the little turds always came back so we had to resort to traps...

Oh Crossfire I know. It's awful! A rat though. Different story. I know I'm going overboard about it but I never thought I'd see a rat in my house.
sad1.gif
angry.png

Just got back with 2 Lyretail Dalmation mollies for the 20g, and a large adult female swordtail for my 125, shes about 3 inches long so I know she's got some age in her. She's also really pregnant hoping for some babies

I looked up DIY spongefilters, and either the materials needed we dont have around here, or I could get but it would cost me 10 bucks or more

this is all assuming that you're already running an air pump awwwight

water bottle

air stone

sponge, or filter floss, or cut up straws, or bio balls.. you get the point..

boom

Hey Lovelies!
Oh guys, I'm so freaked out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, that's an understatement.
We thought we had mice the past couple of weeks so we've had traps set and lots of investegating and making sure no food is left out etc. Oh God. I don't know where to start. Nothing in the traps each day.
Long story short, I was reading in bed last night, hubby asleep beside me and I hear a noise. I thought great, we've caught one! I nestled down to my book again happily. About 20 mins later I hear more noise, much louder. I get freaked out and wake hubby. He says it's ok, we've probably caught a few in the traps (we had 6 set, 2 in the attic, 4 in the kitchen).
I don't feel right guys, I've had a niggly bad feeling all week. You probably know where I'm going with this. I can't lie up there any longer so I go to investigate. I creep downstairs, turn off the alarm, creep along to the kitchen and open the door enough to put my hand in to switch the light on. Then I push the door open.
It looks right at me.
Is a f*$&*@g rat.
Guys really. I scream my head off to get hubby up and it goes off behind the washing machine and up through the wall cavities into the attic.
We now have a rat trap set but guys I'm so upset. I'm terrified and I can't understand how it got in. INTO OUR HOUSE!!!!!!
I know some of you may think I'm crazy but hey, what can I say. I'm very upset and absolutely terrified and I have two small children in the house. I'm crying all day. I won't go into the kitchen or leave the kids in there. If its not caught by tomorrow I'm packing up the kids and staying at my dads.
I know there are much worse problems but of all the everyday smallish problems one could have, this rates a million out of 10.
I'm planted in front of the fish tank with a huge glass of wine and those poor fish are helping me keep sane at the moment.
Guppy time. Sorta.
sad1.gif
sly.gif
evilmad.gif
no.gif
cry1.gif
ohmy.png
sad.png

Wow.. Had a rat when I lived in Sweet Virginia..

You probably has a crack in your foundation, that is how the rat got into my house..

it can be worse, you could has a snake..

I feel you fintastic, we've had mice before. We tried being humane and releasing them after being caught, but the little turds always came back so we had to resort to traps...

Next time start with traps and esk-elate from there..

this is all assuming that you're already running an air pump awwwight

water bottle

air stone

sponge, or filter floss, or cut up straws, or bio balls.. you get the point..

boom

Hey Lovelies!
It looks right at me.
Is a f*$&*@g rat.
Guppy time. Sorta.
sad1.gif
sly.gif
evilmad.gif
no.gif
cry1.gif
ohmy.png
sad.png

Wow.. Had a rat when I lived in Sweet Virginia..

You probably has a crack in your foundation, that is how the rat got into my house..

it can be worse, you could has a snake..

Next time start with traps and esk-elate from there..
I'd rather have a snake! Yeah, Hambone, we haven't checked that as we assumed it somehow got in through an open door. We'll check that tomorrow. My nerves are shredded. Tonight I'm bring my mp3, laptop and book to bed. Just in case a sleepless night is on the cards. Which of course it is.....

Just got a free 35gallon tank from a coworker at work, and I have no idea what to do with it/where to put it

hmmm

Well, turns out I'm getting ANOTHER tank, I saw a Kijiji post near my city for 3 Eheim Pro2 2028 filters for $100 each. I originally wanted just one ( comes with a Hydor inline heater ) but my g/f has her heart set on an Oscar so I made her a deal, that 35 gallon will be used to house a baby oscar and when it grows up we'll need to upgrade the tank. In return, I get to go and buy a 75g tank for the side room in our hallway and do whatever I want to it. This will take me to 6 tanks and a fry tank. I keep telling myself no more but seriously... I dont have any room left in my apartment XD I ended up getting all three filters since a brand new Eheim 2217 is $200 and takes a month to cycle, while two 2028 cost the same and offer me 400gph instead of 256 and are already cycled.

Just debating if I want to use two eheims in my 75g, or put two in the 35g for now I know Oscars are a messy fish and need 8-10x filter flow rate but I'll prob put one of my old Aquaclear 110's on the tank with one Eheim and it should do the job, just need to buy new biomax and I'm good to go. Gonna spend most of my day tomorrow setting up two new tanks but worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back