Spawning Madness

We are a disfunctional group!

Frank, I hope you have some sort of water system. But most of all may God give you many more years and restore you to good health. We still need your wonderful pictures and good humour.

HEY!!! Watch yourself. I highly resemble that statement!!!
Frank, I hope you have some sort of water system.
I have a state-of-the-art water sysyem. It's amazing. I turn this little spigot - and lo and behold - water comes out. What will they think of next? (Oh, I am so bad!)
But most of all may God give you many more years and restore you to good health.
I feel like a million dollars. Green and wrinkled. (I'm getting worse by the minute.)
We nned your wonderful pictures
Guilty as charged!
and good humour.
I ain't ever heard that before. :hyper: - Frank

HEY!!! Watch yourself. I highly resemble that statement!!!
Frank, I hope you have some sort of water system.
I have a state-of-the-art water sysyem. It's amazing. I turn this little spigot - and lo and behold - water comes out. What will they think of next? (Oh, I am so bad!)
But most of all may God give you many more years and restore you to good health.
I feel like a million dollars. Green and wrinkled. (I'm getting worse by the minute.)
We nned your wonderful pictures
Guilty as charged!
and good humour.
I ain't ever heard that before. :hyper: - Frank

:lol: :rofl:

Well, I suppose our addiction is more useful and healthy than most. That is my rationalization for this morning.

Well... I see now that I won't be getting the black ones any time soon. :sad: I do have an idea though...
You could post a pic of a small group, and I could print it and put it between the background and the glass. Then I can pretend that I have some. :hyper: :whistle:

Heh....where is that thread: 100 signs your a Cory Keeper :lol:

ICEEGRL's remark definitely makes the list.

I definitely think that my remark about the best tank in the world being a 6ft tank full of cories in biotype gets me onto the list: now if i can just fit it in somewhere :yahoo:

Oh and Frank :rofl:

Btw, with your similis what params do you keep em at, and any specifics for getting the little guys to breed?

I wish I could get more tank :( Ive wanted to get another 3ft but i dont want to because of the huge water restrictions we have here in aus at the moment :( No water your garden, no washing your car, no taps allowed to be turned on outside, 4 minute showers, the list goes one. I HATE AUSTRALIA

Well, we are quite fond of you Aussies here in the States, so
"Come on up!"

Oh and Frank. With your similis, what params do you keep em at, and any specifics for getting the little guys to breed?
Hi. All of my Corys are kept in water with a pH of 6.5 to 7.0, medium hardness and temperature in the winter months of 65º to 70º and in the summer from 75º to 80º. I do water changes of 35%, 2 or 3 times per week, as needed. I do not employ any spawning triggers. I stopped trying to induce spawning about 2 years ago and now have a much lower frustration level. I just do the best I can in conditioning and then I get out of the way of Mother Nature and allow her to take her own course.

BTW - in regards to another post, I used to have 320 tanks running, but since my illness I dropped down to 50 and am now at 100, where I plan to stay, for quite a while.

I have a new fish room helper, starting work, today - so, we'll see how that works out. - Frank

I'm glad you found some help. It's hard having to downsize on something you love doing; believe me I know. I am definately going to keep my eyes open for some of those black corydoras. They are just plain gorgeous. Hmmm where to put them.

Thanks for that tip Frank.

Since Melbourne has such lovely soft water ive actually been running my system a bit below that hardness, closer to prolly 3-4dGH or so, together with pH around 6.7. Seemed to work well so far, with my pandas breeding quite happily before the weather played havoc on the tank temp. Since then ive refined my methods on the tank, and the similis are going quite well. Hopefully they'll spawn one day.

Hey madmom... if you find any,but have no place to put them give me a shout! I just happen to have the perfect place for them! I would be glad to house them for you! :drool:

Most reactions

Back