Sophos9 - Planted Tank Journal

I like the look of the moonlight effect, very nice. I might have to get me one of those.

Russ

I like the look of the moonlight effect, very nice. I might have to get me one of those.

Russ

I do recommend them and a 6v, they consume like no electricity and look great!

and added 4 Ottos today, they are mental fish.... keep chasing the danios which is amusing!!

They are doing a good job of cleaning the tank already...

your earlier question, a ripple will result in some CO2 being lost. I find that point the spray bar towards your background, almost so that the water is sprayed out straight at the background of the tank, or ever so slightly downwards. This shouldn't damage your plants, nor disturb the surface too much.

Sorry, I missed this thread! Living under the rock again. Tank looks great. I like the moon lights. Will post a question about them in my thread in chit chat.

llj :good:

Thought I would add an update!

This was the day 1 photo...

Tank_Day_1.jpg

This photo is 16 days after the tank had the first drop of water added. You can see the hygrophilia has grown well. Brown algae has all but gone now and I have a very fine green hair algae starting to grow... Any help on how to keep this down?

Tank has got 4 Amano shrimps, 4 Otto's, 2 BN Plec, 1 Queen Arabesque, 3 Clown Loaches and 2 Danios, stats are great (been keeping it topped with water/media from the other tank)

Tank_Day_16.jpg

Any comments either way would be great!

Thought I would add an update!

This was the day 1 photo...

View attachment 42073

This photo is 16 days after the tank had the first drop of water added. You can see the hygrophilia has grown well. Brown algae has all but gone now and I have a very fine green hair algae starting to grow... Any help on how to keep this down?

Tank has got 4 Amano shrimps, 4 Otto's, 2 BN Plec, 1 Queen Arabesque, 3 Clown Loaches and 2 Danios, stats are great (been keeping it topped with water/media from the other tank)

View attachment 42072

Any comments either way would be great!

A great improvement!
The water seems much clearer too.

Looks nice. I think you might be getting alage due to not alot of fast growers being in there. May be an idea to float some hornwort?

looking good! :good:

Cheers! :good:

Looks nice. I think you might be getting alage due to not alot of fast growers being in there. May be an idea to float some hornwort?

Would agree there... :blush: The Otto's will not go hungry :blink:

Whats the best method to cutting and replanting Hygrophila? All the hygrophila are sprouting white roots....

ya u need more fast growers , i used to slowly put in plants and that messed me up :crazy: , need to plant densely off the bat

i dunno I cut my stem plants midway and then just stuck the half stem in the fine gravel

HELP NEEDED!!!

So I have found out that the CO2 bottle had ran out yesterday (600g in 2weeks :blink: ) so I dropped another bottle in, today realised the bubble count was not good so the tank has been without CO2 for two days now and the green algae has gotten much worse!!

Now I know I need to get some fast growers (can someone please advise)...

In the tank I have 4 Ottos, 4 Amano shrimps and 2 BN Plecs to get the algae down, I'm looking at doing small water change each days over the next few days, should I drop 25w of lighting and ramp up CO2?

Is it worth putting using any phosphate absorber (in the external filter)?

Anyone help PLEASE :sick:

Most reactions

Back