Snow!

As much as I love the snow I drove to work today (expecting the roads to be gritted like they were on Friday) but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo snow everywhere. I got stuck in the car park about 10 times (we have the last spaces in the car park) but thankfully our nice neighbours came to the rescue and pushed me in the car park and then pushed me into my space (well lol into the middle of 2 spaces which we'd just cleared of snow :)) yay. I now like our neighbours :).

We had 9inches of snow in the garden on Saturday night! It looks deeper down the other end of the garden so I might have to have a trip and measure it :) YAY. I took loads of pics at the weekend; so I'll have to upload them.

Very very bad here!! Lots of people stuck and very rough thunder and lightening storms!!! Weird weather!!!

We had a small amount of snow in Nottingham on Saturday (maybe and inch or two). Frankly I want it to go away.

I love snow... but not when I have stuff to do and places to be. It can go mental as soon as the 10th of Dec comes along (when Uni breaks up for 4 weeks for xmas).

But in the meantime I have a 1.5mile walk most days into uni... often at 8.30am and frankly don't need ice + snow hindering and already depressing walk. lol.

Here is the result of when we had all the snow two years ago...
Snowman1.jpg

Snowman2.jpg

It was around 5ft tall! :D

Following on from Curiosity's photo's

These were our snowman at new year 2010.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=132398&id=513803217&l=ba4a0f48c4

I'm 5 foot 10/11 for height reference :)

Haven't made one this year yet....BUT it's certainly deep enough :)

We had the thunder and lightening too (I live 3 miles east of Newcastle) and my boyfriend probably a mile - two miles west of the city and he didn't get the thunder!

Last night did you get that one flash of lightening then the thunder? And that was it! People reported within a 30-40 miles radius of seeing just that.

I think we had 1 flash of lightening and LOTS of thunder before and only a bit afterwards. We also had it this morning too...1 flash and thunder.

Have you found the flashes have been extra bright?

:shout:

We stll don't have any snow where I am in north Cornwall :angry:

Every one has snow except me and Carlovel, it seems; IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

I think we had 1 flash of lightening and LOTS of thunder before and only a bit afterwards. We also had it this morning too...1 flash and thunder.

Have you found the flashes have been extra bright?

Our local Asda(boldon) got struck with lightening and it had to be closed because the bolts on the roof came loose because of the lightening.

we had a bit more snow today. we have about 3 or 4 inches now. we're forecast to get a lot more tonight, so i hope the school is closed tomorrow, so i can get extra practise in for my piano exam on wednesday. (BTW, i'm just having a couple of minutes break now).

I wouldn't go by the forcast. Been forcast heavy rain here but its snowing like mad!

Most reactions

Back