Sleepy Hollow

Thanks mate, some plants just take don't they. I have taken out the Rotala rotundifolia as the tops kept melting. I can't be doing with to much melt in a newly scaped tank...

Shame Rotundifolia is one of my fav stems.

Tank is really coming on now ain't it. Moss is such a pain on wood until it takes hold then it seams to just explode with growth, still struggling with the idea of just binning all your old Hc.

Vesicularia ferriei!!!

Thanks mate, some plants just take don't they. I have taken out the Rotala rotundifolia as the tops kept melting. I can't be doing with to much melt in a newly scaped tank...

that sounds stange, wouldve thought the lower leaves would have melted if anything

still struggling with the idea of just binning all your old Hc.

Cheers Alex...

The HC is long gone, and to be fair, i'm glad. It was becoming a pain in the bum to trim. It needed trimming twice a week. I had always wanted to try it. At least i know i can grow it now. The hairgrass is much more manageable.

that sounds stange, would've thought the lower leaves would have melted if anything

I think it was grown emersed as the bottom stayed intact. It was the new leaves that were melting. It probably would have pulled through, but as i say, with all the crypts in the tank and then the stems, i couldn't afford a massive melt. The last thing you need in a new set up is an algae outbreak.

It looks really good, Ian. :good: Are you beginning to think about photo-shoots for this scape?

Liz

Thanks Liz, it's got a bit to go yet until it enters/if it enters anything. I want the hairgrass to cover the bottom. Also the Crypts need to get a bit bigger. I am happier with this scape now.

Looks brilliant mate, really like it! I am so tempted to have a go at a proper planted tank, got a aqua one 620 that is crying out to be planted.

Do it dude, aqua ones and aqua starts are great for planted, everything you put in them seems to grow.

Now where is my crimbo moss going

missed this one sorry, it's going to go on the other bit of wood, just above the base. Looking forward to receiving it! :good:

The stargrass has been trimmed, they hairgrass is going great guns!

here's a quick FTS

4th7th.jpg

I should be getting one of those atomiser mist diffusers tomorrow, so i'll get a quick vid of that up.

The stargrass has been trimmed, they hairgrass is going great guns!

here's a quick FTS

4th7th.jpg

I should be getting one of those atomiser mist diffusers tomorrow, so i'll get a quick vid of that up.

Looking good Mr. Ian. Looking good. I love stargrass! Great plant. :good:

Thanks Liz!

It is a nice plant...i have never used it before. It does need another trim though!

The mist diffuser didn't turn up today. :rolleyes:

Aw Man! I hate waiting for stuff. My Marine stuff shipped. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Liz

Most reactions

Back