Show Off Your Tank!

I love the dark look in there JD!

Fishfanatic that is superb. I love how the Platies compliment the scape. I'm really loving Platies atm. :D

:lol: Good thing platies pop babies out nonstop. Thanks :p

thanks FF04...so many beautiful tanks here, yours up there with the best of them; love this thread! ps3stereo's and minnnt's spring to mind as being at the top of their class, if there is such a thing...makes me glad to be returning to the hobby!

389616_385797934798446_100001047286057_1234746_1865564557_n.jpg

72895_385797728131800_100001047286057_1234742_1020041336_n.jpg

557606_385797874798452_100001047286057_1234745_1186403480_n.jpg

Love my corys

:lol:Thanks, but I have had so much input from people on this forum I do not get all the credit for mine as it is. I did a lot of searching on this forum and other aquascaping magazines and competitions and plan to do something soon in an actual style.

Can't do anything until ps3steveo does an article on his led light builds :hint: :lol:

Very natural looking tank Munchiebox :good:

Mine is too mate. ;) 21 pieces of Mopani makes for oil like water. lol. Water changes, activated carbon and Seachem Purigen all help by the bucket load. I don't mind the look as it was partly what i had envisaged... It shows the Glowlights off real well too.

Yeah. I tend to agree with you. I like the subdued look. I've just completed cycling (ten days!!) and today will do an 80% water change so that might clear it a little. I think I'll be happier with the 'weak tea' when fish are in there.

The secret to crystal clear water is Seachem Purigen :good: here is a photo of my tank (photo quality not the best), I am thinking of a complete rescape in the near future, everything is a little overgrown!

P10102533.jpg

With planting like that, can I ask how long the light is on for each day?

Sorry for the late reply, the lights are on for 8 hours a day and the good thing is when the lights are off the tank is allways dark as hardly any sunlight can get to it.

so many amazing tanks. I wish I had even half the ability and talent that I see in this thread!! :D

I updated the background in my 36 gallon:

DSCN1124.jpg

DSCN1128.jpg

DSCN1095.jpg

DSCN1102.jpg

Oh it's looking good. I usually cringe at pictured backgrounds but you pick the more subtle ones. What lighting is that? That colors in your tank are fab!!!

I would show off my jack tank with all my new little jack babies, but daddy is freaking out and he already bit me and doesnt want me taking pics...

Oh it's looking good. I usually cringe at pictured backgrounds but you pick the more subtle ones. What lighting is that? That colors in your tank are fab!!!

Thanks! :good:

I actually ordered that background online because that height wasn't available locally.

The light is a Coralife Aqualight with (2) 31 watt T5 High Output lamps, one 10,000k daylight & one Colormax (pink). 62 watts total and the bulbs are the full length of the tank, not like most other supposed 30 inch units that only have 24 inch bulbs in a 30 inch housing. I highly recommend.

As far as the color, I just trimmed all the plants, especially the taller ones because they were starting to hang over too much. I hope they grow out more soon. I'm going to start dosing with Seachem Flourish soon too.

With the T-5 lighting watch out for co2 problems. They can look the same as nutrient deficiencies. I had a problem with my 46g when I switched to T-5 lighting and thought it was nutrients, but after awhile I tried Seachem Excel and it melted some of my stems like the Egeria densa, but the rest of the plants perked up. I am currently running the original lighting, but it isn't as nice to look at as the T-5's. I really wanted the Egeria densa "Anacharis" in this tank thats why the cutback on light.

Anyway..your tank looks great! I have a great place to buy fertilizers if you need any. They even refund some shipping if it costs less.

Where'd you buy the lights?

Thanks! :good:

I actually ordered that background online because that height wasn't available locally.

The light is a Coralife Aqualight with (2) 31 watt T5 High Output lamps, one 10,000k daylight & one Colormax (pink). 62 watts total and the bulbs are the full lengtrh of the tank, not like most other supposed 30 inch units that only have 24 icnh bulbs in a 30 inch housing. I highly recommend.

As far as the color, I just trimmed all the plants, especially the taller ones because they were starting to hang over too much. I hope they grow out more soon. I'm going to start dosing with Seachem Flourish soon too.

If you were asking me...Dr. Foster & Smith. Great place for aquarium things.

2nd tank, few months old, needs some more growing in (really should get around to buying pressurised CO2)
still need to decide on a pair or trio of something to finish it off

dscf5474n.jpg

Edit: 15 Microdevario Kubotai & Amano shrimp

Most reactions

Back