Show Off Your Tank!

Thanks very much! :)

I must say the size of yours (your tank ;) ) is impressive too. It would suit a Malawi setup very well as you wanted. What was the reason you decided against them?

Mine is too mate. ;) 21 pieces of Mopani makes for oil like water. lol. Water changes, activated carbon and Seachem Purigen all help by the bucket load. I don't mind the look as it was partly what i had envisaged... It shows the Glowlights off real well too.

Mine is too mate. ;) 21 pieces of Mopani makes for oil like water. lol. Water changes, activated carbon and Seachem Purigen all help by the bucket load. I don't mind the look as it was partly what i had envisaged... It shows the Glowlights off real well too.

Yeah. I tend to agree with you. I like the subdued look. I've just completed cycling (ten days!!) and today will do an 80% water change so that might clear it a little. I think I'll be happier with the 'weak tea' when fish are in there.

Yeah. I tend to agree with you. I like the subdued look. I've just completed cycling (ten days!!) and today will do an 80% water change so that might clear it a little. I think I'll be happier with the 'weak tea' when fish are in there.

The secret to crystal clear water is Seachem Purigen :good: here is a photo of my tank (photo quality not the best), I am thinking of a complete rescape in the near future, everything is a little overgrown!

P10102533.jpg

^^things have really taken off now with the C02!! :good:

The secret to crystal clear water is Seachem Purigen :good: here is a photo of my tank (photo quality not the best), I am thinking of a complete rescape in the near future, everything is a little overgrown!

P10102533.jpg

With planting like that, can I ask how long the light is on for each day?

Yeah, my first scape was similar to yours, very much a jungle, it's when you then attempt your second and third scapes that you realise you know f-all about planting and scaping. :lol: I won't lie, i really struggled with scaping after the jungle, and i don't really think i got the hang of it hence the complete transition towards wood and mbuna tanks. The Puffer tank is my most planted and thats just a matter of shoving everything in the tank to ensure it is as exciting as it possibly can be for them so they don't pace the glass too often.

Look forward to seeing your new efforts Sparky.

I like that Mbuna tank...bet it looks better in real life. I have seen a few of these 'scaped' and i can honestly say yours is really well scaped.

Hmmm... i meant scaped as in yours, with plants and wood, lol.

Feel free to come and have a noset ay it ;) Bring your camera too. lol.

Thanks very much! :)

I must say the size of yours (your tank ;) ) is impressive too. It would suit a Malawi setup very well as you wanted. What was the reason you decided against them?

So my plan was to go with my 125 as Malawi tank and to set up a biocube 29 for my saltwater tank. The cost to rearrange my 125, as well as to buy and set up the biocube29 would cover a large portion of the cost to convert my 125 to salwater. That just really excited me. I didn't want to just give up on the fresh side of things so I'm going to fire up my 16G for that. Perhaps if I had gone with a Malawi setup from day one it would still be rocking. One thing I've learned from many of the freshwater tanks I see on here is that there is a lot of smaller sized tanks that are so well done, that sometimes bigger isn't always better. I think a smaller, simpler 16G may be better for me, and the 125 should be a nice size for my saltwater journey. Hopefully it all works out well.

That's exactly what I am struggling with! My 46g is coming along, and everyday I feel like it gets nicer and the plants healthier. My 75g however is proving to be really hard to plant well and scape nicely, and the co2 and ferts and lights need a balance, I am having trouble achieving. I wanted a malawi setup from the beginning and wanted experience with easier fish first. The smaller tank is much, much easier for aquascaping and fully planting.

It's been a little while and I have been trying some thing with my plants. I am leaving this tank alone for awhile now to see what it does. The tiger lotus in the first pic is a baby and when it grows, it should be partially in front of the black filter intake {which won't be there in a month or so}

005nl.jpg

007vzz.jpg

When the tiger lotus grows, I think the piece of wood on the right might look funny. Should I remove it and plant a stem plant there?

Thanks for looking :)

Woah that tanks looking great! Are all those plants from petco? Great job ;)

Most reactions

Back