Show Off Your Tank!

I'm just asking this question since it has something to do with my tank. I just added Dwarf Hairgrass and moneywort 24 hours ago. I also added SeaChem root tabs to help for growth. Today I check them and some parts of them seem to be really brown or browning up. Others are nice and green though. I did notice while I was planting them that some of them had longer roots while others seemed to just have the grass part with a tiny bit of white. My point of view is that if those parts browned then all of the rest should've too, so its the ones that didn't have roots. What do you think?

Pardon the NY accent but that tank looks freakin' awesome now. I'm originally from Long Island......

Anyway, my Moneywort Bacopa has been slowly dying off also & I suspect it's the lack of decent lighting. These tanks come with woefully lame lighting, for instance my 36 gallon bow front is 20-21 inches deep and it only has a single 17 watt bulb for a total of less than a half a watt per gallon. That's beyond low lighting.

I believe "moderate lighting" is necessary to grow Moneywort and that means around 2 watts per gallon. I just ordered a Coralife Aqualight which has (2) 30 inch long T5 HO bulbs that do 31 watts each for a total of 62 watts! That's around 1.75 watts per gallon & I expect most of my plants to appreciate that increase.............

Meanwhile, I have a different kind of Bacopa called Lemon Bacopa or Bacopa Caroliniana. It's much smaller, more expensive & grows slower but it also does great in my low light tank. Since your tank is only a 10 gallon, this size plant would look very good. My Lemon Bacopa has nearly doubled in size since I planted it 2 months ago. I also use the Seachem Flourish Tabs that you push down into the gravel...........

Hope that helps.

They look better with a background :good: also like the new rock layout :)
Looks much better than my rubbish. I'm terrible at scaping.
Monday when I am off work I am taking a hammer to the rock and added some driftwood pieces (not planted of course)

Make sure you wear safety glasses................. :cool:

I'm just asking this question since it has something to do with my tank. I just added Dwarf Hairgrass and moneywort 24 hours ago. I also added SeaChem root tabs to help for growth. Today I check them and some parts of them seem to be really brown or browning up. Others are nice and green though. I did notice while I was planting them that some of them had longer roots while others seemed to just have the grass part with a tiny bit of white. My point of view is that if those parts browned then all of the rest should've too, so its the ones that didn't have roots. What do you think?

Pardon the NY accent but that tank looks freakin' awesome now. I'm originally from Long Island......

Anyway, my Moneywort Bacopa has been slowly dying off also & I suspect it's the lack of decent lighting. These tanks come with woefully lame lighting, for instance my 36 gallon bow front is 20-21 inches deep and it only has a single 17 watt bulb for a total of less than a half a watt per gallon. That's beyond low lighting.

I believe "moderate lighting" is necessary to grow Moneywort and that means around 2 watts per gallon. I just ordered a Coralife Aqualight which has (2) 30 inch long T5 HO bulbs that do 31 watts each for a total of 62 watts! That's around 1.75 watts per gallon & I expect most of my plants to appreciate that increase.............

Meanwhile, I have a different kind of Bacopa called Lemon Bacopa or Bacopa Caroliniana. It's much smaller, more expensive & grows slower but it also does great in my low light tank. Since your tank is only a 10 gallon, this size plant would look very good. My Lemon Bacopa has nearly doubled in size since I planted it 2 months ago. I also use the Seachem Flourish Tabs that you push down into the gravel...........

Hope that helps.

Thank you Ruskull. Im glad you think the tank looks cool! :D I actually put in new bulbs so I have around 3wpg. I also use the Seachem Florish Tabs too. I just bought them yesterday. One more thing I forgot to mention. When I planted them I didn't cut the roots and a part of the grass. I think that helps promote growth but I was way too excited to remember! xD I just looked in my tank and I seem to have new runners as well! Some of the hair grass that was browning seem to be turning green. Basically this is how a strand of DHG may look in my tank

Top - Green
Middle-Brown
Part closest to the roots- green

It looks kind've weird but its starting to turn green again so I think Ill just leave it alone and see what will happen. :D

Hope that helps.

They look better with a background :good: also like the new rock layout :)
Looks much better than my rubbish. I'm terrible at scaping.
Monday when I am off work I am taking a hammer to the rock and added some driftwood pieces (not planted of course)

Make sure you wear safety glasses................. :cool:
Few rock chips to the eyes never hurt anyone lol j/k

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73817229@N03/6659474799/
Tonyb111111 said:
Tonyb111111 said:
This Old Spouse said:
Tonyb111111 said:
My first tank. Four days since filled and just about to start cycling. Will be doing some planting this weekend then leaving them to mature. I already appear to have some new growth on the existing plants, which is encouraging considering my track record in the garden

http://img189.images...25880979331.jpg

This is nice! Any way you can get a bigger photo up? We've found that using an online editor like photobucket.com or flickr to upload your photos, then copying the direct link there, then using the "insert image" tool here is the easiest way to upload photos, especially once you get used to it.
good.gif

Thanks, i am putting a lot of effort into getting the tank right before introducing fish. I would love tutter decent pic but I have an iPad which doesn't support Flash etc etc, will try to find a better app to get decent picture

Right, let's try this link instead

[media][/media]
Tonyb111111 said:
Tonyb111111 said:
This Old Spouse said:
Tonyb111111 said:
My first tank. Four days since filled and just about to start cycling. Will be doing some planting this weekend then leaving them to mature. I already appear to have some new growth on the existing plants, which is encouraging considering my track record in the garden

http://img189.images...25880979331.jpg

This is nice! Any way you can get a bigger photo up? We've found that using an online editor like photobucket.com or flickr to upload your photos, then copying the direct link there, then using the "insert image" tool here is the easiest way to upload photos, especially once you get used to it.
good.gif

Thanks, i am putting a lot of effort into getting the tank right before introducing fish. I would love tutter decent pic but I have an iPad which doesn't support Flash etc etc, will try to find a better app to get decent picture

Right, let's try this link instead

Sorry, for all this dross, I am trying to get a pic of my new tank on here an I at last seem to have managed it

http://m1140.photobucket.com/albums/mattlovesfish77/?src=www

My fluval chi. Hope the link works. :good:
my fry tank is my avatar pic and I can't get any pics of the 29 cuz the lights will be off for a few days.

http://m1140.photobucket.com/albums/mattlovesfish77/?src=www

My fluval chi. Hope the link works. :good:
my fry tank is my avatar pic and I can't get any pics of the 29 cuz the lights will be off for a few days.

Very nice tank. ;)

Thank you :) I set it up only on Wednesday so I'm hoping it goes good. Waiting till I find that one Berta that suits me just right.

Thank you :) I set it up only on Wednesday so I'm hoping it goes good. Waiting till I find that one Berta that suits me just right.

A betta would look nice in that tank. :)

May I recommend some live plants? I always like the simple feng shui betta tanks with the plants. :D

Yeah I'm gonna get some argentine swords and I want some sort of hair grass or moss but don't know where I'll find it.

I just bought a ton of Dwarf Hair Grass online from this website. They have great service and their plants are more than exceptional! :D

nice :) here mine not complete yet :)

66bba132.jpg

6e10b528.jpg

Full Album Link here
http://s1096.photobucket.com/albums/g335/Zikofski/330L%20Journal%20Pictures/

Most reactions

Back