Show Off Your Tank!

Changed mine a bit

DSCN0621.jpg

My first tank. Four days since filled and just about to start cycling. Will be doing some planting this weekend then leaving them to mature. I already appear to have some new growth on the existing plants, which is encouraging considering my track record in the garden

http://img189.images...25880979331.jpg

This is nice! Any way you can get a bigger photo up? We've found that using an online editor like photobucket.com or flickr to upload your photos, then copying the direct link there, then using the "insert image" tool here is the easiest way to upload photos, especially once you get used to it.
good.gif

Just set this tank up today a 70L, work in progress.
Photo0401.jpg

40L Red Claw Crab's
Photo0500.jpg

Trigon 350:
Photo0475.jpg

225G
DSCN0895.jpg

This Old Spouse said:
Tonyb111111 said:
My first tank. Four days since filled and just about to start cycling. Will be doing some planting this weekend then leaving them to mature. I already appear to have some new growth on the existing plants, which is encouraging considering my track record in the garden

http://img189.images...25880979331.jpg

This is nice! Any way you can get a bigger photo up? We've found that using an online editor like photobucket.com or flickr to upload your photos, then copying the direct link there, then using the "insert image" tool here is the easiest way to upload photos, especially once you get used to it.
good.gif

Thanks, i am putting a lot of effort into getting the tank right before introducing fish. I would love tutter decent pic but I have an iPad which doesn't support Flash etc etc, will try to find a better app to get decent picture

here are my tanks.
both work in progress.

90L - Waiting for the plants to fill out.
IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

60L - this has more plants in it since the picture was taken. this is my little girls tank.
IMG_3239.jpg

The 90L is fairly new.
I hope it will look better when the plants fill out.
To be honest, the pictures make it look almost empty.

-Paul

Paul, the Java Fern will rot being planted in the substrate. It needs to be tied or glued to some wood or rock etc. as it needs water to flow across its rhizome.

Paul, the Java Fern will rot being planted in the substrate. It needs to be tied or glued to some wood or rock etc. as it needs water to flow across its rhizome.

Thanks Minnnt.
The java fern is tied to bog wood but like a tool I buried it in the substrate (DOH!) I'll pull it out and place it on top of the sand.

Many thanks,

-Paul

Lol, you nearly got it right :lol:

As long as the rhizome is unearthed it will be fine. The roots can be in the sand a little.

Lol, you nearly got it right :lol:

As long as the rhizome is unearthed it will be fine. The roots can be in the sand a little.

The small piece of bogwood is now say on top of the sand.
I guess its roots will make their own way into the sand.
It's not too far away.

The twisted grassy ones (yes, that is their latin name :fun: ) are starting to go brown in places.
Any idea what I can do to preserve them?
They have only been there 2-3 days.

-Paul

Most reactions

Back