Show Me Your Car!

A mate has loaned me this until I buy a new motor.

IMG_0851s.jpg

Arfie

Golf's are awesome!

This is my pride and joy at a VW owners club show in Cornwall.

(sorry if you've seen this on this site before)

Attachments

• IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 67
The US doesn't have a ban on pop-up lights.....They just look ugly and don't sell over here any more. The corvette had flip-ups until the '05 model year so I don't really know where you guys are getting that. (I'm a licensed New Hampshire vehicle safety inspector)

A mate's dad had a porsche convertible that he lost control of coming off the local A120 slip. The road goes round & over the road you just come off & he lost it on the bend & smashed into the barrier going over the road. Unfortunately he wasn't wearing a belt & he was catapulted out of the car onto the road below & then run over by a coach coming the other direction down the road. The family couldn't go and identify the body & it was done on dental records
Anyone who knows this area knows the road I'm talking about. They estimated he was doing 120mph+ when he hit the barrier.

littleimp: where are you from? theres an A120 near me (bishops stortford - puckeridge area) i'm trying to work out where it is any landmarks?

horrible story though i feel like i'm rubbernecking asking this but i cant picture the spot in my mind.

Only 7 months to the day tell my mini comesand i will post some pics when i get her :D also i will take her to Mini in the part and get lots of pics there

Here is mine. Vauxhall Astra 1.8 Sport.
astra.JPG

I like the MR2's shown. I seriously considered one, but I'm too practical to cope with two seats!

I bought an Astra thinking DIY maintenance would be relatively easy - now I find that the thermostat needs changing, and the timing belt has to come off to do it! And the clutch is playing up, if it is the slave cylinder (as is usually the case) then the gearbox has to come out to change it! A ridiculous design, never known another car where two (normally) simple jobs are so difficult.

Most reactions

Back