Show Me Your Car!

ahh ... but can it go round a corner??

Why, actually......now that you mention it.....

2004_1120Image0055.jpg

2004_1120Image0053.jpg

2004_1120Image0013.jpg

2004_1128Image0108.jpg

2004_1128Image0073.jpg

2004_1128Image0063.jpg

2004_1128Image0059.jpg

2004_1128Image0012.jpg

2004_1128Image0020.jpg

..I heard from someone...that they can ;) :lol: :p (I'm serious...yet I'm not trying to be a smartass btw..I just wanted to post some pics from work lol)

I should of kept up with this forum, but I hate asain cars. American cars are better built, plus there domestic. How can you justify living in the United States, and then buying a foriegn car? My dad works for the one of the big 3, so does most of my family. Have you watched the news? There cutting jobs all over the place, the economy where I live looks to worsen because you have to buy a foregin car, which basically cost the same as an american car. How can you compare a skyline to a mustang? So buy your jap car, IMO your a traitor to this country. IMO there is no way you can justify it.

I should of kept up with this forum, but I hate asain cars. American cars are better built, plus there domestic. How can you justify living in the United States, and then buying a foriegn car? My dad works for the one of the big 3, so does most of my family. Have you watched the news? There cutting jobs all over the place, the economy where I live looks to worsen because you have to buy a foregin car, which basically cost the same as an american car. How can you compare a skyline to a mustang? So buy your jap car, IMO your a traitor to this country. IMO there is no way you can justify it.

You know, sorry your family all work for an industry that's competitive. There's such a thing as creative destruction. It occurs in every industry and even kills industries. How is it any one individual's fault that it's legal to import cars from other nations? That's ridiculous... if that's the case, you may want to make a round through your house and throw everything out that's not made in America. They may be downsizing American companies since they can't always compete, but where I live, foreign nations bring more jobs to the market. Let's see... they just opened a Hyundai plant, there's a Honda plant, there's even a Mercedes plant all within 2 hrs of my location. So I inquire, do you watch the news? How can you not compare a skyline with a mustang... I believe it's even in the same class... So, IMO you shouldn't judge people at all on a forum since you haven't walked in their shoes. There's no way you can justify making assumptions when you don't know the whole story. ;) :*

If I were you, I'd reconsider your argument...

OK, and just to be spiteful... Go BUCKEYES!

Alright I'm done, this isn't about opinion, it's ppl showing their cars.

Have you not thought why the Big 3 are cutting jobs? Cos they don't make cars that are as good. People have choice in a global market. You have to either make better products, or die. Simple - but harsh - economics. By your belief we should all drive crap cars, just so long as they are made by the right people. Thank god that isn't the real world, or I might be driving Leyland DAF! :hyper:

Interesting fact: last year 1 in every 3 Fords sold in America were sold to workers or workers' relatives. What does that tell you? That Ford doesn'y make cars that appeal to the market any more. How many American manufacturers are successful in Europe? Ford does well in the UK, yet has a completely different product line.

You compare a skyline to a mustang becuse they have similar performance, yet the skyline will be more soundly made and will fall apart a lot slower. Face it, the Japanese are ahead when it comes to building cars, with the possible exception of the ultra-luxury brands in Europe (Bently, Maybach, Rolls et all) but the costs of these are astronomical.

And Tekkno, if you understood the JDM you'd realise the quoted figures for Jap cars are rubbish. They will claim one figure and the car will be a lot more powerful (unlike most manufacturers...). Check out here where a group put a brand new skyline on a rolling road GT-R34 Power. You'll see that in fact it kicks out 328PS (a shade over 330BHP) and Torque of 39kgm (390Nm, non?)

And when this site actually drove and timed it, they got to 60 in 4.9 in a real car, not on the theoretical figures most cars use for 0-60.

Oh, and any one can mod a car, but I doubt we'll ever see a 'Stang tuned past 1,300 BHP at the fly and live to tell the tell rather than doing 0-180 in 13 second ;)

Andy

Ok calm down. There is definately no arguement that the Big 3 are making major improvements to reliability, performance, appearance and efficiency. But historicaly Honda, Toyota, BMW and other foreign makes are better in terms of reliability, efficiency and retained market value for cars (family sedans, compacts, etc). Domestic corporations have only in recent years begun to approach the reliability of the Asian manufacturers.

Each manufacturer has its own strengths and its own weaknesses. I personally value very highly a small, highly-reliable, fuel-efficient car that also has some get-up and go. When we were shopping for my Integra, no domestic vehicle could compete on those terms. I've decided that for my next vehicle, I'm going to emphasize fuel-efficiency at the expense of sportiness. I'm also thinking that it might be a hybrid vehicle. At this moment in time, the only domestic make remotely competitive for my business is Saturn.

If I was wanting a powerful truck or a large SUV, I'd probably go domestic. Pontiac produces some of the most visually delightful vehicles on the market. But those aren't my interests as a consumer.

We live in a global economy. Period. There are currently 4 foreign automakers with factories in my state, Alabama. This number is likely to increase with time. This is a huge boost to our economy and has resulted in industry increases in connected areas such as OEM parts and manufacturing support. Buying a Honda helps support my local economy and is by no measure "unpatriotic".

The big reason that the Big 3 are currently suffering is that they have pursued inefficient engineering and design philosophies even after the flaws of these approaches were made evident. Engineering design approaches that maximize productivity while simultaneously reducing manufacturing time and error rates have been in place in Japanese manufacturing since the end of WWII! Only in the last 20 years have the Big 3 even begun to show interest in changing their methods. If you want to blame someone, blame the Big 3 and not the consumer. The rapid failures, frequent recalls, inefficient product testing and just general unreliability of domestic vehicles due to refusual of innovation by the Big 3 corporate structure contributed directly to the lower value of domestic vehicles and the resulting general consumer preference for foreign-made vehicles.

Er, sorry for the rant. I'm an engineer and the sort of rank inefficiency shown by these companies in the face of obviously better methods is just infuriating. The domestic automakers do some things well and some things very well. But what most people need is essentially just a car with a high value, which generally means a low cost/reliability ratio. And unless you're buying something made in the last year or so, a Honda or a Toyota is the way to go.

wow and all this from a thread to show pretty car pictures !
Just as well I prefer horses and see a car as something with 4 wheels (ok, make that 5) to get me to the stables :lol:

What bloozoo2 said, cant you guys just show pictures of cars...? :rolleyes: :D

Ok skyline and mustang are in the sports class, but as far as price, a skyline is much more expensive. A maita (however you spell it) to the mustang? Besides my family isnt really indanger with losing there jobs, its really people in my neighbor hood that are effected. Big 3 do make cars well, and Im sick of tryin to make a point. How besides, it doesnt turn as well, do you have? Ya they will get good gas mileage, so does a neon, and a cobalt, and many other cars that are domestic. The only one that even makes a sound arugment is pica, everyone else clams there "crap cars" and then gives a name of a sportscar and says look at its performence. But I get it not everyone can afford a good car.

You do realize alot of the "foreign" cars you are talking about..are being made more and more on US soil, they've opened 3 here in recently AL and are looking at another one to come soon (in the Montgomery area).

If the "big 3" cared more about the QUALITY instead of the QUANITY that they pumped out everyday...more people might go back to buying domestics.
But the fact remains...they don't and won't..domestic manufacturers are more intersted in the bottom dollar they bring in...not the quality of the product they are churning out (or the employees they have working for them).

And don't go off about this or that..I work in a field related with 2 of the "big 3" myself...and I still think that.
They turn out crappy products as fast as they possibly can (many times sending units out with defects that they "knew" needed to be fixed and just don't...they figure when/if someone starts catching them later down the line..THEN they'll put out a recall).

Most of the foreign car companies don't do that...because they don't want to tarnish the names they are still trying to build up for themselves.

What bloozoo2 said, cant you guys just show pictures of cars...? :rolleyes: :D

Here here!

Here's my golf which I only got back from the garage on the weekend after having a engine rebuild. The ammount of delays was redicolous.

Right now I'ved got to do 500miles at 3000rpm and in 3 days I'ved managed 125.

golf1.JPG

golf2.JPG

golf3.JPG

Yay for german cars!

Oooh, Paul. I never thought I'd see with a car with silly lights and mesh grill.

What's next? A shopping trolley handle, tints and some monster bass on your ICE? ;)

You'll be "cruisin" round Colchester on a saturday night before you know it... :no:

cheek! the standard lights on the golf are crap so they had to be changed and I like the grill so grrrr.

being lowered this weekend and that will be it for mods really, apart from maybe a new exhaust.

i do the odd circuit round clacton if i'm bored with metal blaring out me system

Most reactions

Back