Setting Up The 29g. Totally Psyched I Have Saltwater In My Living Room

The skimmer is too loud to have on much and isn't pulling anything out so I don't think I have it quite right :(
The guy I bought it from said he used to have silencers on it and was going to look around and see if he can find them. I want more flow in the tank anyway so I will add another smaller ph of some kind. I have 2 Gift Cards to a local pet shop so I may go see what they have and what their prices are.

The skimmer is too loud to have on much and isn't pulling anything out so I don't think I have it quite right :(
The guy I bought it from said he used to have silencers on it and was going to look around and see if he can find them. I want more flow in the tank anyway so I will add another smaller ph of some kind. I have 2 Gift Cards to a local pet shop so I may go see what they have and what their prices are.
it probably isnt skimming much because there is a very low bio load. i would tinker with the water level etc. and look at surface skimming.

To be honest KJ I would be looking to take those PH's out and just purchase a proper Tunze 6055 then you would only need the one. Adding another PH will clutter things up even more. Only my opinion I might add.
Regards
C

I was thinking I could set it right behind the other ph. The larger one may sort of hide it??

I'll look at the tunze too :)

On that Tunze model you can add a Tunze single controller (pretty cheap) this will control the pump and you can achieve wave motion using the pulse knob.

Tunzecontroller.jpg

Picture254-1.jpg

Give it some thought, I think it would be good in your setup.
Regards
C

On that Tunze model you can add a Tunze single controller (pretty cheap) this will control the pump and you can achieve wave motion using the pulse knob.

Tunzecontroller.jpg

Picture254-1.jpg

Give it some thought, I think it would be good in your setup.
Regards
C
im seriously considering these now. the conroller sounds awesome

You're talking at least 250 US dollars for the tunze 6055, +$75 for controller, + $40 for the rock. That's $365ish. My hubby would kill me :crazy:

I could buy a smaller ph and a few fish/inverts with that total. We don't have as much of a disposable income as I want (2 kids currently in daycare :crazy: )....it's always easier to try and spend a little more on this and then a little less on that...but I don't think I could justify that much, BigC.

Ammonia is 0
NitrIte is 0
NitrAte is 5-10....yes it is. I tested it twice. Dropped in half from the last test. I thought the anerobic bacteria were supposed to take longer to grow?? Guess not.
Ph is 8.0 to 8.2...kind of in between
SG is 1.024*-.025 I think I need glasses b/c the lines start running together :lol: I guess just as long as it's right around the bigger line (1.025) then I'm good :)

Yea...to add something...what to add ????

have you done your large water change yet? if not i would do a 50% and test in twelve hours. if all is good then some CUC are in order

I'm doing it a different way truck. I'm not doing a water change. All my stats are in order...even my nitrate. I was told not to do one for the first month, so I'm not. Everyone else can follow and see how I fair with doing something out of the ordinary :)

I think I'll add a couple yellow tail damsels. They are less aggressive than the others and then some CUC when there's actually algae for them to eat.

Well I haven't gotten anything yet. Waiting b/c my lfs gets their stock in today (Thurs) so I'll go tomorrow afternoon. Let some sickly critters die off and then go inspect and see what I come home with.

I tested the readings again and it was the same as before.

The exception was ph was definite 8.2

I bought some critters today!! And I was scared as hell :crazy:

What if I picked bad ones? What if I kill them? What if my tanks bad somehow? etc.

They are supposed to be astrea snails.

100_5173.jpg

100_5183.jpg

Most reactions

Back