Setting Up The 29g. Totally Psyched I Have Saltwater In My Living Room

Woohooo a bunch of pic of a single invert :lol: Sorry it's not more interesting. I may get my pistol/goby soon. We'll see. I'm hiring a lrc member to a copper test on my tank just to be sure. Can't remember the last time I've treated in this tank...maybe 2 years ago ????

100_5195.jpg

100_5198.jpg

100_5199.jpg

100_5197.jpg

Thanks Truckasauras123.

My 4 year old daughter thinks the purple rock should be on the bottom so there will be a door for the critters to peek out..."peek-a-boo".

That's what she said :lol: Aren't kids so cute.

Thanks Truckasauras123.

My 4 year old daughter thinks the purple rock should be on the bottom so there will be a door for the critters to peek out..."peek-a-boo".

That's what she said :lol: Aren't kids so cute.
:lol:

thats really funny. just done my work experience and some of the things littl'uns come up with :wub:

Thanks Skifletch, seffieuk, bagu :)

Did water tests to check if the newly added rock caused a small cycle or not. It'd been in the rubbermaid container since I got it ( 15 days before). It was still damp in the container too.

Ammonia 0
NitrIte 0
NitrAte still 5-10
ph 8.2
temp 78-78.8 degrees

And my skimmer is pulling some junk out. Ewww!!

100_5231.jpg

Looking great mate, the new scape is really nice. keep an eye on the astrea snails, in my experience they hardly ever right themselves if they fall off the reef, turbo snails seem to have a better chance but i think both work hard and clean LR very well.

Keep the pics coming :good:

VM

Thanks guys. According to Steelhlr in the saltwater invert index astraea's cannot right themselves if turned. I check on them a few times a day and haven't had to flip them since I first put them in the tank.

I'm going on vacation this weekend. Luckily our travels take us right by a large fish shop. I'll be stopping on the way home so I may bring home a shrimp/goby pair. I hope so. I'm ready for something else besides snails and its been several weeks since I've set the tank up so I think it's time :) I'm trying to add on the order of least aggressive to most aggressive. I'd love a yellow assessor. They had a couple on liveaquaria's Divers Den recently, but wasn't able to purchase b/c my tanks not ready for that fish yet. Will try with less expensive fish first. Yellow Assessor Info

Then I'll add my secret clownfish species :devil:

Thanks guys. According to Steelhlr in the saltwater invert index astraea's cannot right themselves if turned. I check on them a few times a day and haven't had to flip them since I first put them in the tank.

I'm going on vacation this weekend. Luckily our travels take us right by a large fish shop. I'll be stopping on the way home so I may bring home a shrimp/goby pair. I hope so. I'm ready for something else besides snails and its been several weeks since I've set the tank up so I think it's time :) I'm trying to add on the order of least aggressive to most aggressive. I'd love a yellow assessor. They had a couple on liveaquaria's Divers Den recently, but wasn't able to purchase b/c my tanks not ready for that fish yet. Will try with less expensive fish first. Yellow Assessor Info

Then I'll add my secret clownfish species :devil:

You might want to think about the blue assessor, rarer and less agressive - although Trod has a yellow who appears very laid back :lol:

Most reactions

Back