Sam's Now To Be High Light And Tech 20g

Cheers Duddy, I think so :)

You're right about the depth thing, the trouble is the wood has a bit sticking out the back (that it needs to stand up) so I cant push it further back and its to long to turn sideways, so going to be tricky to do anything with the wood and/or anubias. I was thinking of possibly having a red lotus in the far left corner, to fill that space a bit and hopefilly create more depth but not sure if it'll just look daft!

I ordered 50 sags (although I got around 55-60 in the box) at a total cost of £18.50, £7.50 per 25 plants and £3.50 for P+P from greenline. Quality isn't the best if Im honest but the ones in my nano look fantastic now, so Im sure given time they will improve.

Sam

Hi Themuleous,

Nice tank! :good: I love looking at peoples tanks!

re. the Anubias, I agree the one at the top is a little to at the top, otherwise sweeet! :good:

What's the substrate (sorry if I missed this in the thread)!

CW

Glad you like it :) I'm with you on looking at peoples tanks, its interesting to see what ideas people come up with.

This scape wouldn't have been possible if I'd not visited my LFS just as the wood was in stock, was returned by a bloke who was moving house and getting rid of his tanks, is a complete find, and quite cheap at only 20quid, the bloke in the shop even said they were going to pit it in one of the display tanks he liked it that much just hadn't got around to it!

Substrate is 1" laterite mixed with black gravel with 1" of eco-complete over the top. The laterite isn't really necessary, if I did this tank again I'd have 100% EC, but I got confused with what I'd ordered and the costs of it all, etc! Worked out that I could have had ADA soil for the same price, really gutted about that, but heyho, we live and learn.

Will see what I can do re that tall leaf, will probably remove it this eve.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Tanks looking really good, like the sags, should look real good when it grows in. One Q, how come you havent put a backgroud on the tank??

Regards

James

Not a fan of backgrounds, think the cream(ish) wall looks better (although the wall rail thing does look a bit daft if I'm honest), I'm going for the simple look, a black one might work I guess or a blue one, but happy with it like it is. Are you talking about one of those ones with pictures of plants?

Sam

Are you talking about one of those ones with pictures of plants?

Definately not mate, horrible things! :sick: I recenetly set up 24x12x15 with black gravel and a black background and I have to say it looks so effective! Just wondered why you hadnt gone down the same route!

I think it was zig that advised me to a while back, definately wouldnt look back :good:

Dam straight! Whats the point of pictures when you can have the real thing! :lol: each to their own and all.

Right, yeh could try it with a black one, in fact I probably will, I must have some black board lying around the house somewhere! Will let you know how it looks.

Cheers for the advice jfc :)

Sam

Haha thanks for that Llj! ;) (but I will see what it looks like with it bent out of the way before I cut it off, just to be sure ;) :p)

tank looks so much better than it did before, i'm still new to planted tanks but would love one like yours :drool:

:good:

Looking good Sam, very ADA in a low tech sense, it will look the business when it fills out.

Have you had any thoughts about a background plant, a long grass would look nice. :)

Simon

Thanks Simon :)

I have thought a bit about a background plant, but I really want to keep the simple look that it has and dont want to add more plants just for the sake of it. Was thinking of having some sort of lily at the back left, not sure. Any suggestions? Something that will have layered leaves, like a lilly would.

Sam

Hey Sam, the tank looks really good!!!

What kinds of anubias are in it? The small one is an anubias nana, right?
Sorry if i missed it!

Most reactions

Back