Random Discussion

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Today's vibe: chilling on the bathroom floor with a bunch of candyView attachment 151432
I nearly said, why is there a crutch and towel levitating but then I realised you were groveling on the floor chugging Mike&Ikes. Lmao!

oh btw I've been gone for ever. Anyone on BYC forum?? That's where I waste most of my time. Good to be back, people:fish::thumbs:

I nearly said, why is there a crutch and towel levitating but then I realised you were groveling on the floor chugging Mike&Ikes. Lmao!

oh btw I've been gone for ever. Anyone on BYC forum?? That's where I waste most of my time. Good to be back, people:fish::thumbs:
That's me! :rofl:
Backyard chickens? I used to be on there but only really check it out when i have a problem, I love my chickens but they aren't my passion the way fish are. Welcome back!

That's me! :rofl:
Backyard chickens? I used to be on there but only really check it out when i have a problem, I love my chickens but they aren't my passion the way fish are. Welcome back!
Yup!
I don't currently have any fish but I do have some chickens hense why I've been spending time on there and I have a load of friends there. Hopefully I can make some new friends here as well!

Yup!
I don't currently have any fish but I do have some chickens hense why I've been spending time on there and I have a load of friends there. Hopefully I can make some new friends here as well!
Welp, I'm always up for new friends :)

Great!
I'm a purebred weirdo by the way *grins like a proboscis monkey * Most people look at me like this..:no:

Promise I'll make some useful contributions soon. :teacher:
We're all weirdos here, and weird looks just mean you're doing something right....at least that's what I tell myself

We're all weirdos here, and weird looks just mean you're doing something right....at least that's what I tell myself
Who you calling a weirdo? 🤨

I am perhaps the most normal (and most boring) person out there. I acted normal when we met in person for the first time.

While we're in the topic of dinosaurs, has anyone kept finches or is interested?

While we're in the topic of dinosaurs, has anyone kept finches or is interested?
The closest I've got to finches was Kakarikis. I bred them for a number of years. They're not finches though, obviously.
My friend had Zebra Finches. They're nice little birds but yeh a bit errrm boring perhaps.

I am interested in them though.

I used to go to the BYC forums when we had chickens. But I found that, while I enjoy chickens (mostly in a culinary sense), I don't find them endlessly fascinating enough to talk about much. :lol: 🍗

I don't have finches but I have a parakeet :rofl: I wanted finches, by my sisters said "No we want a parakeet", then got bored of poor Wink and now he is mine!

Edited to add photos
BEA9FE1E-ED3D-4931-A442-578A1F89ECE6.jpeg

Last edited:
Where did dinosaurs come from?

I used to keep Australian finches and small parrots. I ended up losing them all to the neighbours and their cats (cat war of 89). Basically the people over the road had 3 cats and used to put them out at night. The cats would cross the road, jump the fence and go into my backyard. We had big properties back then so it wasn't just jump a small fence and walk a few feet. The cats then proceeded to attack the birds at night when the birds were asleep. The birds used to panic and fly into the wire. I was woken up most nights and had to set up lights and try to get the birds settled back down. In the morning I would find bodies on the floor of the aviaries.

I set cage traps next to the aviaries and caught the neighbour's cats. The first few times I returned the cat in the cage and took any dead birds with me. I asked the neighbours if that was their cat and they said yes. I let their cat out of the cage and asked them to pay for the dead birds. They told me to go fuplie myself. This happened 3 times before I stopped going back and I started killing their cats.

Over the next 6 months they got another 30+ cats and used to let them wander wherever they wanted. I called the council and reported them because you aren't allowed to have that many cats in a suburban neighbourhood. The council went around to investigate and said the owners only had 3 cats. I said that is a lie and you know it. I was watching the council worker talk to the neighbours and we all saw dozens of cats run out of the house when the people opened the door to talk to the council. There were also half a dozen cats rubbing themselves all over the council worker's legs while he was there talking to the people.

The council did nothing. I continued to catch and kill any cat that came into my backyard. One day I came home from work and one of the aviary doors was open. I wasn't sure how that happened so I put a brick in front of each door to stop them accidentally coming open. They shouldn't have come open but the brick was a back up.

A few months later and all the aviary doors were open and the bricks were holding them open. I reported it to the police who did nothing.

I put chains and padlocks around each door and door frame so they couldn't be opened without a key to the padlocks. I came home from work and someone had cut the chains and opened the doors up again. I reported it to police who did nothing.

I replaced the chains with thicker ones and bigger padlocks and stuck a padlock on the gate into the backyard. A few months later I came home and someone had cut the wire on every panel of every aviary and pulled the wire apart so an adult human could walk through the holes. There were human shoe prints all over the floor of the aviaries and they weren't mine. All my birds except for 2 finches and a female quail were missing. Some were in the trees in the backyard but most were gone. The 2 finches and quail were sitting on eggs.

I reported it to police who came out and said there was no evidence people did this and it was probably a cat. I said the wire has been cut from top to bottom (the aviaries were over over 6 feet high) and cats don't use wire cutters and don't cut every single section of wire. They didn't care and didn't do anything. So I went nuts and killed every cat in the area and left the bodies on the neighbour's front lawn. They moved shortly after that. I lost over $10,000 worth of Australian finches that day and haven't kept birds since, with the exception of a canary I caught in the backyard about 10 years ago. And I have hated cats ever since.

Where did dinosaurs come from?

I used to keep Australian finches and small parrots. I ended up losing them all to the neighbours and their cats (cat war of 89). Basically the people over the road had 3 cats and used to put them out at night. The cats would cross the road, jump the fence and go into my backyard. We had big properties back then so it wasn't just jump a small fence and walk a few feet. The cats then proceeded to attack the birds at night when the birds were asleep. The birds used to panic and fly into the wire. I was woken up most nights and had to set up lights and try to get the birds settled back down. In the morning I would find bodies on the floor of the aviaries.

I set cage traps next to the aviaries and caught the neighbour's cats. The first few times I returned the cat in the cage and took any dead birds with me. I asked the neighbours if that was their cat and they said yes. I let their cat out of the cage and asked them to pay for the dead birds. They told me to go fuplie myself. This happened 3 times before I stopped going back and I started killing their cats.

Over the next 6 months they got another 30+ cats and used to let them wander wherever they wanted. I called the council and reported them because you aren't allowed to have that many cats in a suburban neighbourhood. The council went around to investigate and said the owners only had 3 cats. I said that is a lie and you know it. I was watching the council worker talk to the neighbours and we all saw dozens of cats run out of the house when the people opened the door to talk to the council. There were also half a dozen cats rubbing themselves all over the council worker's legs while he was there talking to the people.

The council did nothing. I continued to catch and kill any cat that came into my backyard. One day I came home from work and one of the aviary doors was open. I wasn't sure how that happened so I put a brick in front of each door to stop them accidentally coming open. They shouldn't have come open but the brick was a back up.

A few months later and all the aviary doors were open and the bricks were holding them open. I reported it to the police who did nothing.

I put chains and padlocks around each door and door frame so they couldn't be opened without a key to the padlocks. I came home from work and someone had cut the chains and opened the doors up again. I reported it to police who did nothing.

I replaced the chains with thicker ones and bigger padlocks and stuck a padlock on the gate into the backyard. A few months later I came home and someone had cut the wire on every panel of every aviary and pulled the wire apart so an adult human could walk through the holes. There were human shoe prints all over the floor of the aviaries and they weren't mine. All my birds except for 2 finches and a female quail were missing. Some were in the trees in the backyard but most were gone. The 2 finches and quail were sitting on eggs.

I reported it to police who came out and said there was no evidence people did this and it was probably a cat. I said the wire has been cut from top to bottom (the aviaries were over over 6 feet high) and cats don't use wire cutters and don't cut every single section of wire. They didn't care and didn't do anything. So I went nuts and killed every cat in the area and left the bodies on the neighbour's front lawn. They moved shortly after that. I lost over $10,000 worth of Australian finches that day and haven't kept birds since, with the exception of a canary I caught in the backyard about 10 years ago. And I have hated cats ever since.
That is truly heartbreaking and infuriating. I cannot believe those people. I love cats, but can’t imagine having THAT many. Anyone who would take so little responsibility for their pets does not deserve to be allowed to own one, much less 30+

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back