Pearls Of The Antilles... Llj's Planted Marine

they're smaller than I thought I just noticed the mandarin at the bottom Lol

Also the tanks coming along really well :drool:

they're smaller than I thought I just noticed the mandarin at the bottom Lol

Also the tanks coming along really well :drool:

Hi Bae, long time no see. How's it going? They are about 1.5" right now. They grow to 3" max. It's a good introduction size, I think. I just hope the tail on that one gets better. Thanks, I've very happy with the tank.

L

Yeah Ime fine been busy on another forum ( radio controlled my new other hobby)

And yeah the tail looks like it will heal (from the photo) it doesn't look like disease damage more physical eg other fish or scratched against lr etc

But I think I would of done the same as its just not worth the risk

Bae

And yeah the tail looks like it will heal (from the photo) it doesn't look like disease damage more physical eg other fish or scratched against lr etc

Bae

Haha, no problem with other hobbies. You need to update your tank though.

Yeah, I figured it was transport damage as it seemed otherwise fine, but you never know. Fins heal pretty fast, I'm visiting them today, if things are improving, I may go ahead and get them.

L

Bae

Haha, no problem with other hobbies. You need to update your tank though.

Yeah, I figured it was transport damage as it seemed otherwise fine, but you never know. Fins heal pretty fast, I'm visiting them today, if things are improving, I may go ahead and get them.

L

Well, I spoke too soon. They lost two at the LFS, one jumped the other died. So I'm down to two chalk bass and the LFS owner won't get any until after the new year. Sigh, if these two don't make it, I'll just order a group from an online vendor. Still want chalk bass.

It's funny, they are a local species, but not very popular in Miami, much more popular out of Miami, so the vendors tend to ship out the best and keep the worst for local stores. I think this is what happens. Haha, poor me who actually wants the darn things! When healthy, they are stunning. When they are not, they are ugly.

L

This one is also perty. Nice job lljdma06! Ya happy that i commented on all your tank now?

Ps: also read most/all of your info write ups, and that's what im going off of when i save up money for my 20g salt tank, really good reads! :good:

This one is also perty. Nice job lljdma06! Ya happy that i commented on all your tank now?

Ps: also read most/all of your info write ups, and that's what im going off of when i save up money for my 20g salt tank, really good reads! :good:

Thanks, you've been a good boy. :D I'll keep you in mind when I sell stuff. I may have a few things down the road.

Nifty update: My female banded coral shrimp is carrying eggs. :D

L

Yay free fish/coral food!

Don't I know it! My jawfish are total pigs too. The big one eat a half cube of frozen mysis by himself if I let him. I want them to breed.

Hmmm...

I learned that you can get mated pairs of royal grammas. That would be pretty interesting, don't you think?

Yay for the shrimpies! :) I never really thought about shrimps breeding in tanks until about 5 weeks after a delivery, we had a bad day when several tanks went really cloudy looking and after staring at the tanks for ages, i realised they were peppermint shimplets! Only managed to keep them alive for 3-4 days but i couldnt believe it!!

Baby shrimps would be awesome though!... and you do have that little tank after all... Lol

Yay for the shrimpies! :) I never really thought about shrimps breeding in tanks until about 5 weeks after a delivery, we had a bad day when several tanks went really cloudy looking and after staring at the tanks for ages, i realised they were peppermint shimplets! Only managed to keep them alive for 3-4 days but i couldnt believe it!!

Baby shrimps would be awesome though!... and you do have that little tank after all... Lol

Honestly, just happy if everybody gets a free meal out of it. With three SW tanks, frozen food adds up. Time some of the residents earned their keep and gave some food to the circle of life. Same thing goes with the jawfish or anything else that I can get to breed. I just don't have the resources now to raise fry, but if their breeding efforts contribute to the food chain, that's great. Go food chain!

L

Time for some pictures. It's been almost a month. Sorry, this is with my camera phone. I'll get better ones later with my HD camera.

There has certainly been some growth...

Before

28d72ebd.jpg

After

65e1bc69.jpg

I'm getting to the point where I really need to think about pruning the Halomeda. But I'm kinda scared. :look: I need to ask a few people how to do this.

818d1ef8.jpg

44e0c86f.jpg

Some Halomeda discoidea
97d64068.jpg

e42db874.jpg

The shoal grass is doing ok. I lost some of it to over enthusiastic hermit crabs and burrowing fish and other animals. What's securely anchored though is showing new growth and I trust eventually it'll spread. It's also getting taller.

ca38396c.jpg

The Florida ricordea are doing extremely well. I've had two spits already and the pieces are finding rocks to attach too. I'd like to expand the corals to include St. thomas mushrooms and some grandis polyps as those are Caribbean, If I can find bulls eye zoas for the top half, that would be sweet. Those are a Florida Keys zoanthid.

97adec01.jpg

523f2388.jpg

28594837.jpg

Finally, it looks like I got me another macro algae. I know I didn't order this. Hehehe It looks like either Chondria or Ochtodes, but I'd love some confirmation.

32a7330e.jpg

6df8e189.jpg

Thanks for looking, I'm still waiting on my chalk bass. I'm down to one at the local fish store, so basically I've asked her for 5, which I'll then quarantine at home. I also want to add more shoal grass, now that I'm much better at planting it, but I'm running into the problem that everything is now out of season, so I won't be getting any for a while. In the meantime, I'll fix what I've planted so far and hope that the stuff spreads a bit.

L

Where do you plan on quarantaining your chalk bass? Are going to set up another tank, or will you use an existing one? :lol:

I've got another 8g seamless that's empty and ready to go. :D

L

Most reactions

Back