Orca Tl550 Journal

I picked up this softy at my lfs weeks ago it was a tiny frag has grown 6 x 8 fold since and I am not sure it was what i was looking for I was after the big toadstool so my percs would hopefully host it anyone able t ID it please?

Attachments

• P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 92
it's a Cathederal coral..Lobophytum sp..
Like leathers they release chemicals that can restrict the growth of neighbouring corals, so adding activated carbon can be used to counteract this...stunners when grown on but!!!

Hmmm shame as it was growing so well guess its off to the lfs with it to pick up what I really wanted :( not sure exactly what to ask for I just want a softy for the percs to play with TigerIssey has a very nice one in her tank. Always an expensive trip to the LFS espeacialy when they have some v nice Acans there ;)

Would it be Alcyoniidae I am looking for?

Any sacrophytum toadstool works, longer tentacles best but..My clown left the toady and moved to pussey coral when i added it..Alcyonium species...clowns will simply host what catches their eye,lol..mine even lay amongst the xenia when they were younger

Just hoping to have something in there to keep them off the torch and frogspawn will bag that one up and pop down to SWM ;)

Thanks TigerIssey I wil see what they have in stock will move the leather dont want him upsetting my duncan etc.

Whilst I had the camera out someone started posing so thought I better get a snap of him ;)

Attachments

• P1010019.JPG
    P1010019.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 92
Beautiful mandarin..awaiting one here at the minute..lost one about 3 weeks ago on introduction so just awaiting its arrival at lfs next week..

I think this mandarin is costing more to feed a week than our dog until my roti and copepod cultures are fully matured anyway.

I think this mandarin is costing more to feed a week than our dog until my roti and copepod cultures are fully matured anyway.

:lol: what we do for our fish!!

I am also waiting for a Mandy - going to leave it six months for the pods to go crazy, although I did put my whole culture of rots and pods in there and of course all that established live rock, so going to wait six months -oh wow, just realsied that will be about Christmas time :kana:

Think I would get the sacrophytum, long polyped as Buddy said, make sure you don't pick up a yellow fiji leather by mistake - it really is worth waiting for a long polpyed toadstool :good: I love Tina's hairy mushrooms (that somehow sounds rude :blush: ) so would aim to get both (cause i'm greedy:lol:)

Seffie x

:fish:

After a not so expensive trip to SWM I ended up with 1 fighting conch and a Fungia, was very tempted by some stunning blasto`s and Acan`s but I am reluctant to put such an expensive coral into my tank till I have a lot more experience I am watching some small Acan frags on the Fleabay at the moment though and frequently check UR. Will get a better picture of the fungia once he opens up fully ;)

Decided to skip the leathers for now will see what my Percs do once I get them would love to add a nem but these are a long way off for me.

Attachments

• P1010024.JPG
    P1010024.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 83
I'm liking that Fungia a lot - it's on my list, a purple one like you have and a bright orange one

Seffie x

:fish:

ps yes, you need to wait at least six months for a nem and then only consider getting a baby clone, they grow so very fast that they soon outgrow the Orca

Most reactions

Back