Orca Tl550 Journal

Thanks

The Duncan seems to be growing a new head already looks very healthy will try and get a photo over the weekend.

One of the dead heads on the torch seems to have a working mouth on it frequently see it with a small white fan popping in and out

My toadstool seems to be growing v fast will add a picture of that not sure if its the one I was after but we will see

A quick FTS after some more aquascaping

This was sold to me as a trumpet not realy convinced looks more like candy cane any ideas ?

Attachments

• PICT7930.JPG
    PICT7930.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 78
  • PICT7939.JPG
    PICT7939.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 77
In fact bubble can be seen better on post furthur up but marked on this one

Attachments

• PICT7943.JPG
    PICT7943.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 79
It is bubble algae, otherwise known as Valonia. You can pick it out by hand but to do so you must not burst the bubbles as this releases more algal spores into your tank.

There is one biological control that you can use, an Emerald Crab, I have one myself, they eat other types of algae aswell including short hair algae, will eat any food missed by the fish and are generally a good addition. Quite a few of us have one.

Thanks TigerIssey I have 1 Emarald crab (Mithrax?) in there al ready would a second one be ok to help with the load as I still have a bit of inherited hair algae?

Many Thanks

Morri

Added a few more frags my sun coral not to keen to open up during daylight but getting mysis under blues.

My favia frag mail order not sure but think this one is still sulking but can see white mouth sweepers from most the heads

My GSP doing very well spreading already

Could nt resist the red zoa

My frogspawn also mail order but doing very well.

And a quick FTS added a bit of base rock for better coral placement hopefully picking up a pair of percs next weekend will only be adding a few mushrooms and a acan to this tank

Attachments

• PICT7949.JPG
    PICT7949.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 86
  • PICT7946.JPG
    PICT7946.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 75
  • PICT7954.JPG
    PICT7954.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT7960.JPG
    PICT7960.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 75
  • PICT7948.JPG
    PICT7948.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 81
  • PICT7948.JPG
    PICT7948.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 78
  • PICT7962.JPG
    PICT7962.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 71
Did you by any chance get the favia and frogspawn from Mail order corals??

If you did, I had been watching that frogspawn on ebay ready to bid, it suddenly ended before the due end time.

Most reactions

Back