Omg

This is a democratic society and business men/women have every right to sell dyed fish. They are NO LAWS THAT MAKE IT ILLEGAL. To call then a bad business is completely asinine. If you don't want the fish then don't bid on them! That is all there is to it.

This is a democratic society and business men/women have every right to sell dyed fish. They are NO LAWS THAT MAKE IT ILLEGAL. To call then a bad business is completely asinine. If you don't want the fish then don't bid on them! That is all there is to it.

agreeed......

I think the problem is that they dont state clearly that these are in fact dyed and will lose the colours in a few months.Many new aquarists are unaware of this and are buying a fish with potential health problems. Would you be happy if you bought a pedigree dog and the breeder didnt tell you there was a history of health problems in its bloodline?

Have emailed ebay seller and buyer - please folks do like wise (we can and do make a difference) :good:

Seffie

ps, it's the same seller as last time

agreeed......
Being the Democratic country we are, isnt it just great that we also have the right to call them a bad business and make some noise about it? Just because there isnt a law against something doesnt make it right. You are correct they have every right to sell it if its not illegal and we have every right to complain about it and contact them.

Sincerely yours,
Drew

[/quote]

agreeed......
You have missed the whole point, it's bad because they don't say they are dyed in the first place, so the buyers think they are just normal fish...

I agree, the issue is proper identifying of the fish in question. Customers are buying that bright green or blu fish, they don't know what it is and think it is its nbatural color. Whne it dies later or best case scenerio the color fades, they are puzzled ot why and payed the extra dollar for the fish ffor no reason (in their minds). Then if they have an "ugly fish" what will they do with it?

I feel if they want ot sell them, sell them. I personally won't buy any, but they should at least label them as dyed, then consumers can jsut use google and esearcxh themsleves and make their own judgements on it.

"Cheesy Feet"-I see that point and it is a very good one, but I was responding specifically to his argument and how we should leave them alone, but thanks for trying to help anyway.

Drew

Answer received from seller:

Item: stunning trio of coloured parrot cichlids (260131395917)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
mtts2007 is the seller.
-------------------------------------------------------
these fish have been diped in dye not injected

Is he having a laugh or what!

Dipping in die is worse IMO. Don't they need to use an acid to eat away the slime coat and then dip them in the dyed solution?

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Yeah what does the damn dye dye their fricken gills that color, what about their brains and internal organs? WTh, thats disgusting.

agreeed......

Just because it isn't the Law doesn't mean it's right. :/

Most reactions

Back