Oh guess what!!! The Saga continues

nashnut

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
:crazy: :/ Two days ago one of my little males got into his companion's quarters and got the beating of his life. Missing fins, scales, bites, etc... I thought I was going to lose him. Well he got better with the help of a day's rest and betta fix.

Well apparently he's a jumper... he jumped over to the same fishes quarters again and although he put up a good fight... he now has almost no tail, and very little fins left. More scales are gone. What a poor sorry little guy. I never expected him to jump as that's the first one that's ever done that on me. I thought he had gotten into the other side thru a small gap. More betta fix and a few prayers.

Attachments

• poor_boy.JPG
    poor_boy.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 52
Yeah, I'd just take him out and get him his own tank. Either that or make your divider taller/water level lower. Poor little dude.

I put a piece of plastic canvas over the top as the water level is fairly low. A lot lower than I thought he could jump. He's one sorry looking guy. Hopefully he'll make it. They seem pretty tough.

Wow, Ive never seen a betta so beat up! Im sure you will make him better :thumbs: Good luck :)

Poor little guy!! I'm sure he'll recover in your care :)

:rolleyes: Update. He's eating good... thinking of flaring at the nasty one... and there's a sign of regrowth on his tail and bottom fin. It is weird to see him swimming around with a thread for a tail.

Two of my crowntails are in a divided 2.5 gallon tank. I had a problem twice where one of them jumped the divider into the other side and they started to flare and circle each other. They didnt start fighting on either occasion. I netted one as fast as I could so no damage was done. Anyways, I cut a piece of the plastic canvas and rest it on the divider of the top of the tank so if they do jump the light resting on the canvas which is resting on the divider will stop them from getting over. I'm not home or I'd take a picture.

:rolleyes: The little devil is still trying to get to the other one. He's afraid of him but getting more and more fiesty each passing minute. The missing scales around his face are coloring up and you can see tiny new fins starting to come out in several places.

I put a plastic canvas on the top of his section and did another check this morning to make sure he couldn't get thru anywhere.

I've got one other jumper that keeps jumping up for the food and getting stuck on the side of the tank. They're all still juveniles so they are small.

Most reactions

Back