New Fluval Edge Tank

Hi yeah black neons are quite a large tetra you would be better off with green neons but I dont think that the edge is big enough to hold two types of schooling fish I would do it like this - a single or small group of feature fish + 1 school of 6 and then a group of the shrimp.

The fish from the list I gave that are schooling fish are these

Galaxy Rasbora
Danioin Draculonela (spelling)
Danio Esthrymicin (spelling)
Green Neon Tetras
Ember Tetras
Rosy Loaches
Dwarf Striped Loaches
Ottos

This means that a minimum of 5/6 should be kept in the tank in the wild these fish are founds in groups of hundreds so to make them feel totally confident and stress free in the tank need to be kept in as large a group as possible to avoid problems.

Wills

Hi yeah black neons are quite a large tetra you would be better off with green neons but I dont think that the edge is big enough to hold two types of schooling fish I would do it like this - a single or small group of feature fish + 1 school of 6 and then a group of the shrimp.

The fish from the list I gave that are schooling fish are these

Galaxy Rasbora
Green Neon Tetras
Ember Tetras
Rosy Loaches
Dwarf Striped Loaches
Ottos

This means that a minimum of 5/6 should be kept in the tank in the wild these fish are founds in groups of hundreds so to make them feel totally confident and stress free in the tank need to be kept in as large a group as possible to avoid problems.

Wills

Cheers, the help.is much appreciated :) what fish would you list for a single or paired feature fish?

Its really down to these

Sparkling Gourami
Badis - and all the varieties
Endlers Livebearers

The endlers come in all different colours and there are a few species of sparkling gourami there are a number of badis species here http://www.seriouslyfish.com/kb.php?t=ps&s=badis but some of them are really rare I got a trio of the Black Tiger Dario off ebay of all places and they came posted ot me and they are great a bit shy but ideal fish for this kind of tank :)

Wills

Sparkling Gourami
Badis - and all the varieties
Endlers Livebearers
Galaxy Rasbora
Green Neon Tetras
Ember Tetras
Dwarf Anchor Catfish
Rosy Loaches
Dwarf Striped Loaches
Ottos
Bumble Bee Gobies - though be careful to get the true freshwater one
Dwarf Puffers - though can be tricky and could only house a lone one
Bettas - 1 male and some shrimp
Cherry Shrimp
Crystal Red Shrimp
Bee Shrimp

Can I just point out that not all species of Badis are suitable for the Fluval Edge, some of the common species get to as large as 8cm. I'd recommend Scarlet Badis if you want Badis, or Black Tiger Badis. I've had/I have both species and I prefer the Scarlet Badis. But they are very picky fish and they commonly die of starvation.

Also, there is no species of Loaches suitable for the Fluval Edge. Rosy Loaches are surprisingly active and I'd say 30L is the minimum for these. Dwarf Striped Loaches are even bigger and need around 40L minimum. Just saying... :shifty:

Carl

Most reactions

Back