My Tanks - 60L, 160L, 240L

JenJ

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So after a lot of faffing around, chopping and changing ideas, I've progressed from buying a 60l tank last autumn, to being the proud owner of 3 finally stocked tanks with some beautiful fish...

240 litre

AquaManta Eco 120, AquaManta EFX 1500 filter, Hydor ETH 300 heater

IMG_2510_zps05f45c26.jpg

IMG_2525_zps9d4b6b5c.jpg

IMG_2524_zps0c19c684.jpg

IMG_2517_zps6fbafcf8.jpg

polka dot loaches

IMG_2413_zps9cb42fad.jpg

IMG_2366_zps907cfc1e.jpg

juvi firemouth

IMG_2300_zpsf70feb64.jpg

Hmmm...hadn't realised how dirty the tank was - doesn't look that bad in real life! 
unsure.png

160 litre

AquaManta EFX 300 filter, Hydor ETH 200 heater

IMG_2529_zpse33bcaf7.jpg

IMG_2535_zps6f77e40a.jpg

IMG_2536_zps12c5a4c3.jpg

cupid cichlids

IMG_2499_zpsa720f113.jpg

IMG_2471_zps3fb26859.jpg

IMG_2470_zpse501e996.jpg

panda cories

IMG_2495_zps388e912a.jpg

diamond tetra

IMG_2479_zps0a684d5e.jpg

60 litre

Fluval U2 filter

IMG_2528_zpsf80137de.jpg

lampeye

IMG_2276_zps162e53ab.jpg

Really nice!! Great set ups
smile.png

Wills

Great set ups! I especially like the 240ltr as its pretty close to my stock in my 240ltr :)

I love your tetra in the 160ltr. Amazing colour in there fins :good:

You should fill your tanks up to the top though, give your fish a good bit more room to kick about. But great tanks anyway!

garyspence84 said:
You should fill your tanks up to the top though, give your fish a good bit more room to kick about. But great tanks anyway!

I moved the 160l down to the basement two weeks ago, and it seems to have picked up a leak high up on one corner, until it's sorted, I've reduced the water level to avoid the leaky bit - it's understocked and over-filtered, so the fish should be ok for a bit...but...yeah...my bad...
blush.png

Thanks all, I must confess I love them all to bits :D

Wow, very nice setups!!  240L is my favorite. Love the polka dot loaches.

Love tiger barbs in the 240 l. Looked much better than mine. Perhaps large schools is the key......
Gonna stop now before I start rambling on about tiger barbs.

Love the sand in the 240, where did you get that from?

Beautiful set ups! :D

These are really nice. I've never seen polka dot loaches! I may have to put those on my list.

I have a 29g with 13 tiger barbs and I love the large numbers!

Stunning!!  Wow, what masterpieces...wish my tank looked as good!
(And they don't look dirty to me...)

Thanks all :D

Aviici said:
Love the sand in the 240, where did you get that from?

It's Unipac silica sand, from my local MA.

Your tanks look great, and I too love the sand.  I have the Tana in a couple of tanks and then the Senegal (which I prefer) in my other tanks, same source as yourself.

How do you find the Hydor Heaters as I have considered these before but not gone down this route yet?  I take it they are the external in-line heaters?

I have recently got some Panda Cory's, they are so cute.  In fact I currently have three in my large aquarium, with six in Quarantine.  Mind you I am also partial to the Adolfo Cory, just harder to get hold of - anyone know of a good breeder of these Cory's?

fish.gif
fish.gif
fish.gif

fish.gif
fish.gif
fish.gif
fish.gif
fish.gif
fish.gif

RCA said:
How do you find the Hydor Heaters as I have considered these before but not gone down this route yet?  I take it they are the external in-line heaters?

I love them! I'm a bit of a worrywort and wasn't keen on the idea of having any electrics in the tanks, plus aesthetically it looks better as I only have the filter input/output tubes in the tank, the rest is sand/plants/wood/fish.

I had a small issue at first as I bought the bog standard size 200 (12mm) but the Aquamanta filters I have need the bigger size (16mm) to fit the pipes. Wasn't an issue to return and exchange it though.

They're easy peasy to install and clean, and so far I've not had any issues with them at all. It also means that when I do water changes I don't need to switch the heater off as long as the filter is running, so no panic about whether or not I've remembered to switch it back on. (as I said, I worry...!)

thanks.gif

Do you find your Albino Cory's slightly crazy compared to the Pandas?

Most reactions

Back