Rio Orinoco Biotope.

Just going to have a play around with the wood for the next few days see if I can get a half decent scape going. Then once some of my equipment has arrive i'll add some plants. Im either going to go first for Dwarf Chain Swords or Vallis... Or both...

One little arrangement I tried...

James.

I like the large grouping of the wood as you showed in the picture of today. I see a nice island scape in there.... And as it has so many branches, I am sure you can get some plants in between the wood sticking out.

And yes, nice to see you're still working on this James!

I might have another few tries at different arrangements over the next few days. I can always come back to a previous if I prefer it. Hopefully I'll have something green in there by this time next week. Just getting my equipment rounded up for the co2 and then it's go time. Can't wait

James.

Well a lot has happened today. I received my FE and reg/solenoid through the post. I went to my local shop and got a few bits to complete the setup (I didn't want to wait for delivered internet goods) I also bought some plants to start off with. Cabomba, Vallis & Roseafolia.

Now I have the plants in and my CO2 system on working. I bought a couple of timers from Wickes so I can use the lights and CO2 in conjunction.

My only real question is, how many bubbles should I be starting off with?

James.

You got a drop checker with 4dkh water James? If so then start at perhaps 1 bubble per second, and look for a lime green colour at lights on (co2 should come on 2 hours before your lights) - you can always adjust it up or down depending on if you get the colour you're after. Obviously be aware of turning it up too high - don't want to gas your fish! Start low and work your way up :)

My pH is 6.2 & my GH + KH are both between 0-3° (both according to API tests, so reliability is questionable)
& I keep the tank at a temperature of 26°

So if you're using Peat & Almond leaves to get down to these stats, is your tap water vastly different? or are you on RO ?

I love the wood arrangement, very dramatic pieces you've found there. Be nice to see some light planting around them, mind.. perhaps some little clusters of moss on some of the branches too.

Most reactions

Back