My 22nd betta, Sam

Hurray for Sam...bloodworms are so hard for them to resist!!

Sandi

Sam seems to be perking up :) I'll keep hoping he gets all better for you! But since you're his 'mom' I'm sure he will, how could he resist? ;)

Hey, it's been a while since we got a Sam update, what's going on?

He's still hangin in there.
It's still really hard for him to move anywhere.
It's like he is just really really weak.
He's been eating a few pellets but i have to drop them right in front of his nose and it takes him a while to get to them. Then, once he gets one he has to rest a while.

But he is eating pretty well. He has had several blood worms and quite a few pellets over the past few days.

I gave him a water change last night. Like 80%. Using a medicine dropper! 5 ml at a time. lol It took me like 40 minutes to change out an inch of water. But I didn't want to make it too hard on him.

His color is starting to come back a bit. He's REALLY teeny so I wonder if he was just a little bitty baby still. I'd take another picture of him for you all, but he looks just exactly like the one above.

More to come...

You could take the hose off of your siphon (if it comes off) or use a piece of tubing or hose, and use it as a mini siphon. Or use a cup to take out a cupful every 5 minutes shouldn't be too hard on him. Glad to hear he is hanging in there!

Here's a couple of new photos of Sammy...
sammyBowl2.jpg

sammyBowl.jpg

He still can't get up off the bottom more than about 1/2 inch.
He's eating somewhat.

So, not much has changed with him since he came home with me. He is still hanging in there.

Aww, he's coloring up nice! You know what it looks like to me, is his tail is paralyzed...gee I hope I'm wrong. But if that is the case, nothing is stopping him from havinh a good life anyways!

Are you sure that bowl is a half gallon? It looks like a 1 gallon to me. But wow, what a strong boy! Keep it up, bettamomma!

It kinda looks like that to me - which made me think he wouldn't make it thru the night the very first night because I have read so many stores on this forum where someone comes in looking for advice, and that it looks like their fish has a paralyzed fin or tail, etc. and they generally don't make it much longer. I was really surprised when I crept in there at 4:16 the next morning and peeked in at him by the light of the moon to see his gills slowly moving. I did a little happy dance and went back to bed.

But... his swimming ability hasn't improved at all. He is able to sit upright a bit better now - before he had to lean on something to sit up but now he can sit w/out tipping over at least. But he still has to work hard to get anywhere.

Yeah, I'm positive it's a 1/2 gallon bowl. He is just REALLY REALLY tiny - so that makes the bowl look all that much bigger. :/

I think he was sold out as a little teeny baby. His body is not much longer than an inch. It's really hard to tell from the photos but he is massively small.

thats the same bowl Mister peaches is in. its a half gallon i used bottled 1 gallons of watter barely half filled it.

Aww, hopefully he'll get well soon :)He'll probably be still for a while though, all that heavy finnage doesn't exactly help :/

Most reactions

Back