My 22nd betta, Sam

He's such a cute boy.
He is facing my screen right now - his little tank is sitting on a towel.
It looks like he's reading what I type.

I can't even tell what color he's supposed to be. :/

Awww... come on Sam little buddy! I know you can make it!! :)
We're all rooting for you!

All I will say is ...
... You failed! :p *looks at her*

You just couldn't leave him eh? Good on you though :D ... Hope he'll pull through

I'm very happy to say he did make it thru the night.
He seems to be not any worse, but then I guess death is the next worse thing.

The important thing is he's still alive and kicking. Well, alive anyway. I won't be home until tonight as I have somewhere to go after work, but I'm going to attempt to get him to eat a bloodworm or 2 when I get home. I'll also take the camera home and snap a few pics of him.

And Elvy - you should have seen these poor boys. There were at least 3 that were in the same situation as he was in. 2 had horrible swim bladder problems and laid sideways on the top of the water. One was hanging on the inside of one of the tanks in one of those little plastic boxes with vents on the side (along side several others) whose fins looked like swiss cheese. They probably had a total of like 70 bettas there. It was really, really hard to pick just one. At one point, I had 7 of them in my basket.

I just couldn't figure out what in the world I would have done with 7 bettas.
I'll keep ya all posted.

If I had been there I would have recruited them to household objects (clean pots, buckets, vases) or bought them and kept them in the cups. But you are a good person to rescue Sam!

Come on Sam! We're all cheering for you! :kana:

oh no not 7 you dont need 7...my luck il go back to walmart and buy the whole shelf i mean the one over here is horrible id have 20-30 if i shoped there

I could have bought seven little 1/2 gallon bowls to put them all in too, I suppose.
I just think 7 heartbreaks in one weekend would have been way too much. If I had to guess, I would say that not many of the would have lived all that long.

I also *could* have brought the little buttercream goldfish home that they had in the betta cup next to the bettas but then i'd have had to come up with a very large tank for him, and I just didn't have room.. YES, you did read that right.

I get dirty looks every time I bring another fish home even though my cohabitants KNOW BETTER than to give me any crap about them, so I figured I better stick to just one. It might be a different story once I get my betta wall set up, but for now I had to stick with just Sam.

Okay, folks - enough talk about WM. This thread is gonna get closed and I'm gonna get mad, cuz it's Sam's thread. (Even though it'd be my own fault about it getting closed). Which I think is TOTAL crap, but whatever.

I will keep you all posted on how little Sam does - even if I need to open another thread to do it.

Bettamomma, you still have a lot of strength to rescue one. Good luck again! This IS Sam's thread, so let's talk about him.

Most reactions

Back