My 2 Foot Rebuild

RCA said:

Love the tank and your photos, what camera do you use?

Thanks I use an old Nikon coolpix 120 I got on ebay.
Which model is it, as there seem to be a few 120s! Is it the L120, AW120 or another? Does it look compact or more like a bridge camera? Looking out for one, but not sure the one you are referring to, thanks.

This one.

Nikon Coolpix L120 14.1 MP Digital Camera - Black

Cory update

I thought I lost one of the corys, I had not seen it in 3 days, figured it died and was eaten by snails loaches and shrimp, but no today I counted 6 eagerly eating.

I think I've said several times before that my lot do a disappearing trick all the time. I know I've said my melini's are rarely seen. I currently don't know how many peppered I've got. I think I have 6 but I can't be certain. The problem with having so many cories is it becomes impossible to keep track that they are all still alive unless you strip the tank of all decor and catch them all one by one to count them!!

In general a body usually turns up in my tank - my fish tend not to eat dead fish. They normally push it to the front as if to say "excuse me owner, can we get rid of this please?"!!!!

Well the Corys now live in the 6 foot tank, Madam started attacking them, She even attacked a green ceramic frog, Dam this fish is mean.

2ceixpx.jpg

I know there is a Betta in there someplace. My tank is not normally this bright

Found her.
33p7dwg.jpg

I had to bribe her with Bloodworm for this photo
30aaouo.jpg

There is a Betta in there......................... somewhere.

8z0gaa.jpg

142u1w2.jpg

wow ... it's a jungle! I love to see tanks allowed to go wild like this. It just makes them more natural and I sure the fish thank us for providing them with a natural enviroment :)

Yes, looks good, I bet the shrimp thank you too as they can hide from Mrs.Betta

The Blue Stricta is attached to the glass with suction cups,  It seems to do better that way rather than planted in the substrate. I do not use any ferts or co2 all I do is feed the fish it poops the plants snails and bacteria break down the poop I change water,  I do not even vacuum the substrate.

Ammonia Nitrite are always 0 and after a week Nitrate is 5, this can be a bit hard on the plants but I don't care because plants are now free for me.
I have a 20 gallon plastic tub full of plants on my balcony ( this is also a great way to breed wrigglers so my Betta gets some live food other than my shrimp ), When ever I trim plants I stick the trimmings into the tub and get a whole new plant free.

This is what the top of my tank looks like now, Look closley and you will see how big the water sprite is.
2w32pms.jpg

I usually  do two 5 gallon water changes a week, sometimes I get lazy and change 10 once a week.

PS

I hope the shrimp dont eat the young Kuhlis, These were born in the tank.
2sagmzq.jpg

Love the kuhlis and the hood...  What did you build it from?  I have a cat who has claimed by glass lid as his favorite perch.  I haven't gotten to trimming the plastic back part of the cover so he's also drinking from it.  Any hint on constructing something similar?

Some pine they use to make kitchen cabinets i got it from a hardware store.

Images are not my work, But this is the same design as my hood.
Hood.jpg

2d97888a.jpg
Remember the 2 ends need to be tall enough to accommodate your light set up.

Most reactions

Back