My 2 Foot Rebuild

Nice tank! I've been looking into plants to add to my piranha tank but don't you need a special light? I mean there is a window in my room but the sun doesn't shin on the tank but right by it so I don't think that would work :( lol but really nice tank by the way! I wish I say that befor I set up my 20 gallon other whys I woulda tried to copy you ;)

Love this tank nick! Looks really nice!

I wanted some kuhli loaches myself but don't have enough hiding spaces yet, one day though.

Thanks,

Nice tank! I've been looking into plants to add to my piranha tank but don't you need a special light?
 I do not know what plants or lights you would need with piranha.

I wanted some kuhli loaches myself but don't have enough hiding spaces yet
Yes you need lots of hiding places, Cool little fish too, Mine are starting to come out at feeding time more and more now, as far as I know I have 5 of them.

Also everybody tells me Kuhli's are great escape artists, mine are too fat and lazy to leave the bottom of the tank where like the rest of my fish they are over fed on brine shrimp, blood worm, blackworm, New Life Spectrum thera + Atisons Betta pro and  Hikari pellets. And the Betta can eat any shrimp she catches.

Wow your fish eat better than me! haha

I'll deffinitely be taking some inspiration from your tank to help with mine :p

My Loaches playing tag your it, They will do this for an hour or more then stop, Sometimes all 5 do it, its the only reason I know they are all alive and well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfhNEYcPITY

That's Brilliant! They look very happy in your tank

I pruned the tank a bit.
Feeding time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQsjpLtSmyM&feature=youtu.be

My betta meeting her new tank mate.

She's thinking should I greet it or eat it.

35lw13s.jpg

Who says Bettas and shrimp don't mix.
172ver.jpg

Shrimp union meeting.
opz15f.jpg

Madam chilling out.
9lgbr6.jpg

The Rasboras. Look closely you can see a Baby BN on the glass.
6ir7di.jpg

Water Params.

Temp. 26.5 deg C

Ph 7.0

The rest I don't test any more.
Water change 50% every week.
Additives. Easy Life and Indian Almond Leaf.
As always I pre heat and pre treat the water before adding it to the tank.

Loaches are having fun I guess. Here you can see all 5 fat Kuhlis. Memo to self Kuhlis need to go on a diet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e09Y_OXOBYc&feature=youtu.be

Here's madam who has decided she wants live or frozen food only.  3 days without food and guess what pellets are now fine.
2cosljc.jpg

Some loaches.

Is the bigger one a female?
2zi78rs.jpg

hwjoky.jpg

Because my betta did not get on with the Rasboras I gave them to a friend who has a tank dedicated to Rasboras.

So I just added a few more plants, The only problem now, I hardly ever see her she's mostly  exploring. I will never win tank of the month but it keeps her happy.
Trust me there are 5 Kuhli Loaches in there............... some where.

My version of a Betta habitat,  No useless ceramic castles bridges or other ornaments that please the human eye.

4slkwp.jpg

It looks gorgeous, I agree with the lack of ornaments.

Update.

I have not messed with the tank other that a bit of a prune and regular maintenance.
kf040l.jpg

o7ou29.jpg

My Betta has lost the battle with the shrimp, This is a common sight in my tank now.
2uqoydx.jpg

Feeding time, As you can see the Kuhli Loaches and shrimp know where and when its dinner time, Tonight they got 4 Hikari Carnivore pellets, Mystery snails love them too, I also just fed the betta so shes hanging around in her feeding spot expecting more food.

View My Video

Most reactions

Back