Maybe a bit creepy!

Me after chopping 2 feet off of my hair View attachment 112577

You look great! But 2 feet? That's crazy!
I had pretty long hair for a while. It almost reached my waist. I got sick of it after a while though, so now I keep my hair a little past shoulder length.

You look great! But 2 feet? That's crazy!
I had pretty long hair for a while. It almost reached my waist. I got sick of it after a while though, so now I keep my hair a little past shoulder length.
Yep 2 feet :) my head feels light and airy now haha without that extra weight

A lot of work in such long hair - it looks thick, too.

I could only chop twofer off my legs!

My hair is longer no than for years due to not being able to get to a hairdresser, but it's still only shoulder length - never grows any longer

Mine is short and I need a haircut. In desperation I cut it myself during the lock down, didn't do too bad a job, but it's been growing again. But I need to find a new hairdresser. Mine has not reopened, the salon has been gutted and it's just an empty room :(

Mine is short and I need a haircut. In desperation I cut it myself during the lock down, didn't do too bad a job, but it's been growing again. But I need to find a new hairdresser. Mine has not reopened, the salon has been gutted and it's just an empty room :(
Just do a grade 2 all over with clippers. You'll be set for months ;)

My husband has used some delightful words to describe my hair over the years.
When I had long hair in my 20s, he said he thought it was romantic to run his fingers through his girlfriend's hair - only he couldn't do that with mine as it was like running his fingers through barbed wire. Now it's short he compares it to a bird's nest. Our elder son has my hair, poor lad. He was ginger as a child though it's now darkened to copper. If he doesn't keep it short (ie with clippers) his hair looks like a rusty brillo pad on top of his head.

I get my own back by telling my husband that at least I've got hair :lol:

My husband has used some delightful words to describe my hair over the years.
When I had long hair in my 20s, he said he thought it was romantic to run his fingers through his girlfriend's hair - only he couldn't do that with mine as it was like running his fingers through barbed wire. Now it's short he compares it to a bird's nest. Our elder son has my hair, poor lad. He was ginger as a child though it's now darkened to copper. If he doesn't keep it short (ie with clippers) his hair looks like a rusty brillo pad on top of his head.

I get my own back by telling my husband that at least I've got hair :lol:
Sounds as if the two of you are well suited! :rofl:

I've just found the photo I sent to my son. This is what I cut off at the end of June, 3 months after the last haircut

cut hair.JPG

I've just found the photo I sent to my son. This is what I cut off at the end of June, 3 months after the last haircut

View attachment 112590
That looks . . . . sinister . . . :| .

I am also 67. When I was a girl ie before I reached 60 :D, I used to get my hair clipped twice/year - no.2 cut at men's barber and then let it grow out for 6 months. Worked well for me - kept it under control and cost me 5 quid a time.

The someone at church asked me if I had cancer or was it alopecia. They had all been praying for me! I felt so guilty I let it grow and got a proper lady haircut . . .

But actually - I LOVED being 'baldy" - it's incredibly liberating!

What surprised me when I cut it is how much dark hair I actually have. The front is all white and that's all I can see in the mirror, but the back still has a lot of dark in it, looking at what went into the bin.

The someone at church asked me if I had cancer or was it alopecia
That's what really puts me off using clippers ;)

Most reactions

Back