Maybe a bit creepy!

So our young ones us oldies have the win!! You’s are all bloody adorable and salty that includes you my darling! So no more with the ugly talk as you are you for a reason and that’s what makes you original! :wub:

The pressures of social media unfortunately
Ellrog is right - the "acceptable" standards for "beauty" seem to be getting narrower and narrower..

Listen to me People - those celebrities and "influencers' you try to model yourselves on have been nipped, tucked, made-up and airbrushed almost into oblivion. Hardly any of them look the way God made them.

And another thing to remember is that attractiveness and "beauty" are often two different things. It's hard to accept when you are young and self-conscious, but it is true.

If other people criticise or mock your appearance, they are the ugly ones. Their opinion shouldn't matter (but from experience I know that it still does, unfortunately), but if anyone is unkind - ignore; and don't compare yourself to others. Be kind; be fun to be with; be true to yourself.

You may not be perfect, but you are perfectly YOU, and there is no-one else quite like you.

You're GORGEOUS!

Last edited:
Ellrog is right - the "acceptable" standards for "beauty" seem to begetting narrower and narrower..

Listen to me People - those celebrities and "influencers' you try to model yourselves on have been nipped, tucked, made-up and airbrushed almost into oblivion. Hardly any of them look the way God made them.

And another thing to remember is that attractiveness and "beauty" are often two different things. It's hard to accept when you are young and self-conscious, but it is true.

If other people criticise or mock your appearance, they are the ugly ones. Their opinion shouldn't matter (but from experience I know that it still does, unfortunately), but if anyone is unkind - ignore; and don't compare yourself to others. Be kind; be fun to be with; be true to yourself.

You may not be perfect, but you are perfectly YOU, and there is no-one else quite like you.

You're GORGEOUS!
Very true words, salute!

Me after chopping 2 feet off of my hair
20200811_194358.jpg

You look beautiful, My wife had very long hair in high school. I remember seeing her in the hallways with her hair hanging down below her waist. It was very pretty hair too but she ended up cutting it off because it gave her headaches. Years latter when I dated her she had short hair.
Thank you. It was well past my waist until I took the scissors to it :)

Most reactions

Back