2024 MLB season

Nope, I enjoy listening to a person who is a big fan of a particular team. I used to be similar with the Dodgers but have lost some of the loyalty because I do not like their current system of buying talent. Still my team though.

Wait till football season and you will "hear" me bubbling on about Green Bay win lose or draw.

My Momma was a huge fan of college football,🏈 she was a huge Ohio State fan and a diehard Washington fan. My stepdad…..not so much. When my stepdad passed away, my mom moved in with me in a little apartment we had made for her. People would ask how my mom was doing since my stepdad passed, I would tell them “ are you kidding me now she can watch the draft!” She would watch all three days or however long NFL draft is and could tell you what kid came from what college and went to what Pro team! She had the NFL ticket the MLB ticket and whatever else you could think of. She even became a fan of golf once she moved in with me. I have no idea why. I sure do miss that lady.❤️

My Momma was a huge fan of college football,🏈 she was a huge Ohio State fan and a diehard Washington fan. My stepdad…..not so much. When my stepdad passed away, my mom moved in with me in a little apartment we had made for her. People would ask how my mom was doing since my stepdad passed, I would tell them “ are you kidding me now she can watch the draft!” She would watch all three days or however long NFL draft is and could tell you what kid came from what college and went to what Pro team! She had the NFL ticket the MLB ticket and whatever else you could think of. She even became a fan of golf once she moved in with me. I have no idea why. I sure do miss that lady.❤️
Cool Story! There is a lady in my apartments that is pretty much a baseball fanatic and we talk ball a lot. She doesn't really have a team, just loves baseball. Actually, due to me, she has sort of adopted Cleveland but more for conversation than being an actual fan.

Cleveland 18-7...

Big series starting Friday for Cleveland. A weekend series with Atlanta. They have the two best records in the MLB with Cleveland at 18-7 and Atlanta at 17-6. Technically Atlanta has the better record by percentage points but they are basically equal. I look forward to a really good weekend series. Go Cleveland! I'd be thrilled to have them win 2 out of the 3 games. ;)

Momma was a Braves fan! Lol
Sorry for her mistake she made as to teams... ;)

What a great game between Cleveland and Atlanta tonight! Cleveland won 4-2 in 11 innings. Cleveland's defense was totally back even getting a double play on what boiled down to a double steal attempt by Atlanta. Cleveland's' starter, Bibee was awesome going 7 innings of shutout ball.

Friday Cleveland lost 6-2 and just didn't play like Cleveland. Shoot, they probably have the best defense in the league yet gave up 3 unearned runs. That just isn't like them. They seemed to play nervous as this is a pressure series between two teams with the best records in baseball. Tonight Cleveland went back to being Cleveland and the game just may go down as one of the best games of the year. Both teams played awesome.

I just hope that Sunday's rubber match is as good as today's game....... OK, no I don't. I actually hope for a blow out in Cleveland's favor. ;)

I guess I forgot to hit post yesterday on the above...

Oh well, I didn't get my hoped for 2 wins in Atlanta as Braves won Sunday 4-3. Still what a good series between the 2 best records in baseball and 2 of the 3 games go to extra innings.

Cleveland 19-9

I grew up in the suburbs of New York City as a boy until I was about 12 when the famility moved back into the city. We collected baseball card with bubblegum and NYC has 3 teams- the Giants, the Dodgers and the Yankees. And then two of those team fled west. So I grew up in the era of some of the true greats. Back then most baseball was played under the sun.

Today there are two teams in the city- The Yankees and the Mets. I was actually at the final Jets home game at SHea Stadium. We left for Atlantic city before they started tearing up the seats. I have always been partial to rooting for the underdog. So back then I was not a Yankee fan I was a Detroit fan as they always finished number 2. How did I not root for Maris and Mantle. Whitey and Yogi etc.?

And then I lost interest in baseball until close to the new millenium when I became a Yankee fan. It was hard not to root for Dereck, Bernie, Andy and Mariano who has a car dealership where I live.

I am not so sure how I like all the recent rules changes. Baseball is not supposed to be a timed game.

Most reactions

Back