Maybe a bit creepy!

OK, these are the facts from an alien's perspective. All humans are ugly. Dogs are nice, puppies are cute, cats are tasty, baby birds are freaks, but primates are just plain unattractive in relation to the rest of the creatures in the universe.

There, happy now, you're all ugly coz your all humans, and you're all related to monkeys. :)

Just accept the fact you are human and can walk and talk and look after yourself. And be grateful you are on the top of the food chain on this planet. Most other planets and you lot would be dinner or a small snack.

OK, these are the facts from an alien's perspective. All humans are ugly. Dogs are nice, puppies are cute, cats are tasty, baby birds are freaks, but primates are just plain unattractive in relation to the rest of the creatures in the universe.

There, happy now, you're all ugly coz your all humans, and you're all related to monkeys. :)

Just accept the fact you are human and can walk and talk and
So you have seen the evolution of humans?

In general I would agree with you, because human biology does not allow males to become females or vice versa - in fact, I think that even among fish, occasionally females can become males, but not males, females

HOWEVER . . . The Doctor is not human - he is Galifreian*, has umpteen hearts and all sorts of other stuff we are probably unaware of, so I am prepared to suspend disbelief. Perhaps it is because he had gone a regeneration too far - wasn't this one an "extra" one? His last male one should have been his last altogether? Perhaps that alters the chromosomes and DNA at the cellular level.

Though I will admit that I, personally, would have preferred that he remained male - and maybe short, fat and bespectacled for a change (perhaps James Bradshaw would be a good candidate for the role) - it would have been nice if they could have had him NOT regenerate, but (say) an unexpected female Galifreian whizzed out of the ether and took over his role.

Having said that, the theological implications of him being both male and female are quite profound, though I doubt that that was the intention.

*apologies if I have spelled this incorrectly
Are ya’ll aware that all embryos develop into female first? I’m not sure how to go into detail without using terms that may be offensive to some but yep, the private part is female in early stages. (I believe the first 2 weeks of development if my memory is correct.) :)

In general I would agree with you, because human biology does not allow males to become females or vice versa - in fact, I think that even among fish, occasionally females can become males, but not males, females

HOWEVER . . . The Doctor is not human - he is Galifreian*, has umpteen hearts and all sorts of other stuff we are probably unaware of, so I am prepared to suspend disbelief. Perhaps it is because he had gone a regeneration too far - wasn't this one an "extra" one? His last male one should have been his last altogether? Perhaps that alters the chromosomes and DNA at the cellular level.

Though I will admit that I, personally, would have preferred that he remained male - and maybe short, fat and bespectacled for a change (perhaps James Bradshaw would be a good candidate for the role) - it would have been nice if they could have had him NOT regenerate, but (say) an unexpected female Galifreian whizzed out of the ether and took over his role.

Having said that, the theological implications of him being both male and female are quite profound, though I doubt that that was the intention.

*apologies if I have spelled this incorrectly
The doctor might be the livebearer you know, changing male to female and vice versa and all.

I particularly enjoyed the Beamish living history area. Is it still running?
Yes it's still there. We went a couple of years ago, twice, with our son & daughter-in-law and the three foster children they had at the time. 2 adults + 3 children is not a good combination at a place like Beamish so we went along as two extra pairs of eyes.
They are in the process of building a 1950s town which will be very interesting as my husband and I were born in the 1950s.

Are ya’ll aware that all embryos develop into female first? I’m not sure how to go into detail without using terms that may be offensive to some but yep, the private part is female in early stages. (I believe the first 2 weeks of development if my memory is correct.) :)
X and Y chromosomes.

All embryos start out with ovaries and when they get a shot of testosterone, the ovaries move down a bit and turn into testes. Apart from the slight difference in testosterone and changes in the ovaries, all embryos are the same, and all children are the same until they reach puberty.

And FYI, human babies are uglier than monkey babies. :)

X and Y chromosomes.

All embryos start out with ovaries and when they get a shot of testosterone, the ovaries move down a bit and turn into testes. Apart from the slight difference in testosterone and changes in the ovaries, all embryos are the same, and all children are the same until they reach puberty.

And FYI, human babies are uglier than monkey babies. :)
That some if it but not all of it.

Male anemonefish (clownfish) turn into females.

In anemonefish circles, the dominant fish is female and the next dominant is male. All the other fish that rank below that are unsexed juveniles (neither male nor female). If one of the dominant pair die, everyone moves up the pecking order one notch.

If the female dies, the male becomes female and the dominant juvenile becomes male.

If the male dies, the dominant juvenile becomes male and breeds with the original female.

They take about 2 weeks to change sex.

---------------------
Barramundi are all males until they reach about 18 inches long, then they turn into females.

---------------------
Wrasses and Leatherjacket/ Triggerfish all start out female and when one dominant fish sets up a territory, it turns into a male.
You are completely correct!

However you forgot about butterfly fish and angelfish. They are all born female. (I cant confirm which species as im a bit rusty on my sw fish at the moment. :))

It relates to bullies quite well.
It does.

I just really dislike 1( Bully’s, and 2( their parents. A lot of time, the kids are blamed, but it’s the parents that need a good talking to. Although, it is hard to sway someone’s parenting methods.

Male anemonefish (clownfish) turn into females.

In anemonefish circles, the dominant fish is female and the next dominant is male. All the other fish that rank below that are unsexed juveniles (neither male nor female). If one of the dominant pair die, everyone moves up the pecking order one notch.

If the female dies, the male becomes female and the dominant juvenile becomes male.

If the male dies, the dominant juvenile becomes male and breeds with the original female.

They take about 2 weeks to change sex.

---------------------
Barramundi are all males until they reach about 18 inches long, then they turn into females.

---------------------
Wrasses and Leatherjacket/ Triggerfish all start out female and when one dominant fish sets up a territory, it turns into a male.
Thank you Colin - that's really interesting. I love learning new facts. (Especially ones that can amaze my family and impress my friends :lol: )

But seriously - it IS interesting.

Most reactions

Back