Llj's Ada Tank "refugees From Endor"

No you can't have enough photos. :lol:

Waterchange today, 50%. Increased TPN+ to 4ml daily & photoperiod increased by 1/2 hour. If all is well, will introduce a group from Endor in the weekend. Probably rest of the otos & the lone platy.

Thanks for reading,

Liz

Thanks Biulu! :) I'm very happy with this setup. Looking forward to seeing it longterm.

According to the TFF index, otos like to be in groups. Baensch says they like fast-flowing streams with dense vegetation & driftwood. Gee, wonder what that sounds like? :lol: :rolleyes: This only describes O. affinis, but other species may be similar. Should have a seat with my Baensch Atlas & figure out which ones I do actually have. They are not constantly shoaling but I'll venture, they enjoy each other's company about as much as the WCMMs enjoy each other. If I catch them again, I'll film the shoaling. Could be that I have a potential breeding group? Wonder if I should post any video over at catfish? It's probably related to the increased flow in this planted tank.

Liz

Did a 50% waterchange, dosed 4ml. I'm going to have to move the madagascar soon. Keeps getting bigger. :lol:

Get a decent pic of it up (madagascar) llj. I still have mine, it remains to have thin leaves. Page 4 needs some pics. :good:

Get a decent pic of it up (madagascar) llj. I still have mine, it remains to have thin leaves. Page 4 needs some pics. :good:

Video ok, Ian? :lol:

Actually, I'm very interested in this plant. I love the leaf shape, really very pretty. The lace pattern is strong, but the green is a pretty shade.

Liz

Two video clips... So I have something on page 4. :lol:

Otos (sister was talking to me at the end). See how they are together? All six will do this. Can't wait to add my other two.

WCMMs sparring... Don't know if they are thinking about breeding or what.

I'll get some close-ups of the Madagascar tonight.

More pictures for page 4.

c54b6196.jpg

39f8d39d.jpg

588e9804.jpg

Wow, there the biggest 'gaps' i've seen within a madagascars leaves. Beautifull. Otos are super cute, i had 10 in a 70L couple of years ago and they 'shoaled' like this regularly.

The WCMM are getting amorous! You'll have fry soon.

As James says, that is a crackin looking Madagascar, looks real healthy!

Wow, there the biggest 'gaps' i've seen within a madagascars leaves. Beautifull. Otos are super cute, i had 10 in a 70L couple of years ago and they 'shoaled' like this regularly.

Honestly, I'm loathe to move the plant. You read the literature (older stuff that's out-of-date) and Madagascars are supposed to be a no-no for me, so I just never tried it, so it's nice to see it thriving. I've had aponogetons flower and I've propagated new plants from the seeds so I'd love it to get it to flower. :D Can't wait to add the extra otos.

The WCMM are getting amorous! You'll have fry soon.

As James says, that is a crackin looking Madagascar, looks real healthy!

:lol: I doubt I'll get fry as I have hydra in the tank and I'll be adding the extra schools of rasbora over the next few weeks. They may get lucky if fry are smart and hide in the moss.

In the workshops at the AGA convention, there was discussion on the various types of Madagascar lace plants. There are varying degrees of "lace" patterns.

Liz

Did a 50% waterchange, still at 4ml. Skipped the feeding today.

Want to add some circulation to the right corner. Wood blocks some flow from reaching that corner. Colin, Ian, hurry up and let me know how those little Hydor flo things work! I may want one. :lol: I wish they had tiny powerheads...

Liz

little tiny powerheads...hydor pico evolution, there's also a lot on ebay. I have seen one used that's about the size of a 10p. I can't remember where he got that from.

little tiny powerheads...hydor pico evolution, there's also a lot on ebay. I have seen one used that's about the size of a 10p. I can't remember where he got that from.

Awesome, the red plastic is a bit annoying, but it may be worth it to get some flow in that hard to reach spot. Nothing's happening there yet, but I see debree accumulate there more than anywhere else in the tank, so I know there's a flow issue. Better to address it now than to have a problem later. :lol: Might as well get some moonlights for this tank while I'm at it.
Looks like Drs Foster and Smith are having a sale...

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=21414

Oooooo, night pictures.... Oooooo... night video...

:rolleyes:

there's also a lot on ebay. I have seen one used that's about the size of a 10p. I can't remember where he got that from.

Ian, where on eBay, show me...

Most reactions

Back