Llj's Ada Tank "refugees From Endor"

you won't be disappointed with them llj, great little fish :good:

I think they'll like being in an unheated environment. The tanks at the big chain stores were heated to 26C, so a dip to 22 or 23 will be nice. Will have pictures tonight. :D

Here's some video of the WCMM. Impossible to photograph right now. I'll have to donate some time for them later and try again. A beautiful little fish. I like the display "dance". Very cool to watch. Such a cyprinid thing...
rolleyes.gif

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-gc8CrzC8zw[/media]

L

They're (WCMM) loving it in that tank, IMHO you don't need many more fish otherwise it may take away from the plants and they become just a secondary item to all your hard work....gotta love those ottos....shrimp as well.....overall a nice peaceful tank and with white clouds widely overlooked you may well have brought them back into fashion, cheap to buy and very hardy, I think you made a good choice there.
I'm liking this tank lots.
What is your fish feeding regime so as not to upset the balance with the tank having to cope with the extra nutrient load.
C

they look great in there! Like i said earlier, i love WCMM, they were the first fish i kept as an adult and think they compliment a scape massively.

Do you know what else i would add...a Hillstream loach (butterfly plec) if your going without heater. :good: These also go well with WCMM and i think will look good in there.

I would have to disagree with the loach I'm afraid on account of size, if they are the same as I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure thay can attain 3" in the aquarium and maybe too large for that scape.
Just my opinion though
Regards
C

They're (WCMM) loving it in that tank, IMHO you don't need many more fish otherwise it may take away from the plants and they become just a secondary item to all your hard work....gotta love those ottos....shrimp as well.....overall a nice peaceful tank and with white clouds widely overlooked you may well have brought them back into fashion, cheap to buy and very hardy, I think you made a good choice there.
I'm liking this tank lots.
What is your fish feeding regime so as not to upset the balance with the tank having to cope with the extra nutrient load.
C

I have to add the Endor residents, but the R. gracilis and harlequins don't move nearly as much. Those otos are the most active group I've ever purchased. I knew that they schooled, but I've never seen it. The R. gracilis will hang still in the spiralis and the harlequins are less jerky than the WCMM. The lone platy, is well, the lone platy, and at 4 years, he's living on borrowed time. All of his kin died of old age. Well, they were not fed yesterday, so if things look good today, I'll feed them. I usually feed once a day, but not much, sometimes I'll skip a day or two. I don't like fat fish and they need to do some critter killing. The feeding regimine dosn't really change things much. I may not have to dose as much.

they look great in there! Like i said earlier, i love WCMM, they were the first fish i kept as an adult and think they compliment a scape massively.

Do you know what else i would add...a Hillstream loach (butterfly plec) if your going without heater. :good: These also go well with WCMM and i think will look good in there.

A couple years ago they were all the rage in Miami, but now I don't see the Hillstreams anywhere. If I see one and it looks good maybe I'll pick one up, but otherwise I'll have to order it online, which I don't want to do. WCMM are underated. It's an attractive fish without being too gawdy and they are enjoying the current. They are establishing territories now. There is a big male, yellow fin, who has claimed the anubia cluster. Another has claimed the back crypt field...

Yesterday did a waterchange (50%). Today, found two crispy WCMM on the floor. :angry: Stupid jumping fishies. Tank is a wonderful place to live, floor is not! Oh well, I was kind of expecting this with an open-top tank. The floating plants and C. spiralis are still in the process of covering the surface and I perhaps had the water level a tad too high. I'll lower it a bit today and see if that helps.

Waterchange today, 50%. Dosing holding steady at 3ml of TPN+ a day. No new crispy WCMMs. Concerned about filters getting backed up, so I'll have to check that out. Bleh... Lots of new light green tips on the moss. That's a good, good sign, as are the new leaves on the Madagascar aponogeton.

50% waterchange on the 14th. Cleaned up the last of the crypt melt. The C. spiralis is doing very well. Some diatoms. Filters seem to be working better. Still dosing 3ml, after another week I'll raise it to 4ml. There is new growth in the other plants, but it's still too small for me to determine if there is a deficiency. The C. spiralis and the moss are very dominant now.

Me want to see more pics
good.gif

C

OK, ok, more pictures. I'll do a real camera shoot later or next week, but for now, an iPhone 4 update.

8f7f697e.jpg

38c68036.jpg

45b2566c.jpg

Madagascar lace - This was from a tissue culture that I got as part of that workshop I attended in the AGA convention. I'm pleased that it's growing. Might eventually have to be moved to the back. But I wanted to give it a headstart.
050706b9.jpg

f6c51001.jpg

Some video of the WCMMs

YES...I'd be happy with a scape like that. :good:
I see you've even sneaked a lace plant in there :lol:
Regards
C

YES...I'd be happy with a scape like that. :good:
I see you've even sneaked a lace plant in there :lol:
Regards
C

Thanks, C. Oh, your scape will be much better than mine, I imagine. Yes, the lace plant was a gift from the tissue culture workshop. It came in a small, airtight plastic bag that hobbiests kept tossing across the room :lol: and the culture was some months old. Amazing what they can do with plants these days. Grown under sterile conditions. I'm happy that it's growing so well. I've never kept lace plants before. Seems to be thriving, even in my water. I went ahead and tried to take some better photos, but the WCMM are proving very hard to photograph. Gotta hook up the tripod one of these days. Some moody pictures... The tank looks like a dark forest in these photos. :lol:

6297b93a.jpg

dd8cfa11.jpg

84a636de.jpg

43d0760e.jpg

f91ebe19.jpg

dca9abc8.jpg

c20a2309.jpg

More pictures of the fish... :rolleyes: This is the problem with having a good HD point and shoot camera and a nice HD camera in my iPhone. Doing a waterchange today.

909b900e.jpg

4a9fbf15.jpg

9f003d85.jpg

bca3608b.jpg

77457f56.jpg

Enjoy

love really good, llj. I also think that WCMM suite this scape so much. It really makes me want to do the sub tropical thing again. Good pic of the Oto's as well. :good:

you can't have enough pics IMO, people loves pics!

Most reactions

Back