Llj's 8G Oceanic Biocube

The elegance is Australian, not Indonesian. He's just starting to open, but he's a bit more finicky than my other corals.

If mine has been anything to go by, I bet you it turns into a crazy hungry beast when it settles!

Haha, may need a bigger tank, Donya! It's opening more, :D that makes me happy

Well, I wish I had gotten a video of this. But I got home late from a concert and if you read below, video documentation wasn't top priority...

For the whole day my elegance wasn't opening and it was beginning to bother me. I know elegance are not easy corals. I took a look at it, and it was retracted with a bit of mucus, irritation. So I observe the tank for a while and I see my jawfish. Not where he normally is behind the gsp, but very intently excavating a burrow in a cave. My duncan is on one side and the elegance is on the other. Duncan is fine. He's grabbing mouthfuls of sand and spitting it right on the elegance. Problem solved. Time to move the elegance. He's now in the back of the tank and I got some sand out the best I could. Poor thing. At least I caught it fast. I knew he'd start digging but I hadn't seen him dig in that area. Well, this is why you have multiple possible spots where you can put corals.

It was pretty cool watching the jawfish, though. He would grab whole blue-legged hermits and toss them about! Flying hermits. He's getting tame now too and approaches when I come with food. Good little jawfish, good little Mantequilla. It is a fine Mexican name! :hyper:

Other trauma drama...

1. moved the elegance
2. Fragged my first birdsnest, well actually... broke the ora green clean in half moving elegance, so glued other half of it to a frag plug. Still counts
3. The Hydor flow fell off, knocking down my God of War
4. Glued God of war to new location.
5. Well since I had the glue out... moved the wobblegong wows to a new location
6. My hands are very clumsy for this tank. And they are again covered in glue. :look:

One day, I'll get a full tank shot of this tank going so you can see all the stuff. Maybe after the water change.

I really don't plan on getting anything else coralwise for this tank. I've got plenty. I'd like some showcase inverts and that's it. This tank shaped up very quickly and very nicely. Some different corals in there. Many of the zoas have new polyps which will be great. Hopefully my elegance will open up again.

L

That was a busy day!

Sometimes good things happen as a result of mishaps - 'happy little accidents'

What is your controller?

That was a busy day!

Sometimes good things happen as a result of mishaps - 'happy little accidents'

What is your controller?

Not even a day, all that happened within a 30 min time frame except the noticing that my elegance wasn't opening. it is nice to have another ora green though. The frag is opening well. Birdsnest seem to do well for me, dunno why. God of War is always happy. I may go get another Valentine's Day, but maybe not.

My controller, ainsy, is this...

d387197d.jpg

It allows me to connect my LEDs to my laptop to program their lighting schedule. My third bank of LEDs isn't working and I think it's because my controller is beginning to not do so hot. It's only the first generation and it's got exposed circuitry. The second gen will allow for a dimmable third bank and will be enclosed in a box. That won't happen until probably May. As it turns out, my cat had dislodged the connection, so once I fixed that the other two banks are working ok now. I may adjust the lighting a bit. I'm going to my summer schedule and I'm home more so, I'd like to see if I can have my lighting reflect this a bit more.

L

That is pretty cool!

Does it control more than the LED's?

(can you hear the cogs turning?)

That is pretty cool!

Does it control more than the LED's?

(can you hear the cogs turning?)

Nah, wish it made money. :rofl:

looks like a bomb controller!! TERRORIST
osama.gif
lmao :p

You can report me to Tolak. :p

OK, get ready for stuff...

Hehehe

Got a purple firefish. It was nice. was going to go with a helfrich, but I liked this one better.

b3d563ca.jpg

When his fins are extended, wow!

22e65e44.jpg

Haha, I knocked down my bird of paradise birdsnest. I really am a very clumsy person. But my elegance is now open again. Yay!

Woooooooo.

L

More pictures, he's pretty. :)

6795e376.jpg

b09435aa.jpg

IMO, better looking than the Helfrich.

What a stunner - I have always thought they are much nicer than the Helfrichi which are WAY over priced around here!

Ooooooooohhhhhh aaaaaaahhhhhh prettyfishy :drool: me touchy!!!

Thanks everybody.

I took some pictures & videos tonight. I'll be uploading them tomorrow. Mantequilla & the new firefish get along.

You'll get a full tank shot of the tank since the CUC was added. And finally a full list of corals.

L

Hmmm, I wonder why some of the updates on threads I am subscribed to, only appear after several days?! Mantequilla is a nice name; you know the expression ' he is like butter in his/her/their hands'? :hey: I was going to suggest Mancha as in spot....

The other new fish is nice too! :good:

Most reactions

Back