Llj's 8G Oceanic Biocube

Thats a beautiful fish on some even better looking corals. :good: Which translates to I'm jealous.

He is a really great looking fish!! the colours in your tank are absolutely amazing!! :good:

Dave

Oh & this is nothing. I can't seem to take good images under the blue LEDs, but I assure you the colors are sick!

Thats a beautiful fish on some even better looking corals. :good: Which translates to I'm jealous.

I'm very lucky. Miami is a good place to keep a reef. It makes things easier, that's for sure.

He's calming down a bit & I'll try a nice mysis feeding tonight to get him used to me.

My other jawfish is quite tame now, so hopefully I'll get good results with this one too.

I would hope so :lol: .Oklahoma is really good for reefs too because we are so close to the ocean. ( sarcasm)? Haha

I would hope so :lol: .Oklahoma is really good for reefs too because we are so close to the ocean. ( sarcasm)? Haha

Haha, yes, I got the sarcasm. :p You just want me to start fragging already.

By the way, he ate well & is much less skittish when lights are on. Was even able to put my hand in the tank. If he does well, I shall give him a fabulous Mexican name!! :hyper:

L

Hm a name? Enrique? :lol: just kidding. I've already committed to name my next fish Seneca in honor of the movie the Hunger Games. I know he is an evil character but I like the name :shifty: .

I vote Jorge the jaw fish :p

I almost named him Spot, as he is a blue-spotted jawfish.

We'll see.

This tank needs funky inverts now. Not certain I want another fish now, jawfish is actually plenty big & plenty active. What I'm seeing from him also is cruising & territorial behavior. I think that whole patch of rock is now his.

Scallop is now in a position where I can possibly scoop him up & move him to the nps tank. But the process will be tricky. I don't want the jawfish carpet surfing.

L

Looks more like a Javier to me

Haha, very cute. He's very flashy.

How do you think I should grab my pecten? If he's attached to the wall, I think an old credit card to nudge his foot away from the glass would be the course of action? Similar to the approach I used to move my rock anemone.

Yes that is exactly how I'd do it.

I did find, however, that the better the card the more likely they were to move - gold card at very least preferably platinum. They wouldn't budge for a bog standard visa.

I did find, however, that the better the card the more likely they were to move - gold card at very least preferably platinum. They wouldn't budge for a bog standard visa.
And there has to be a lot of cash in that account :lol:

And there has to be a lot of cash in that account :lol:

Haha! That's too funny. Actually, I ended up using my expired membership card to the National Association of Teachers of Singing. I didn't want to use a card that had a signature written in the back, lest the rock anemone jot down the number and go on an Drs. Foster & Smith shopping spree.

If the pecten is in the right spot, I'll move him tonight. He'd be awesome in the nps tank. I need to add more CUC to this tank too and motile inverts. I've also given thought to moving the cucumber as well. May be a better option for the nps tank too. He's ok, but he's a cucumber, if he goes toxic, I don't want him nuking an expensive fish. I've not heard much about the little yellow ones going toxic, but you never know... Another filter feeder. Why not move him to where the food is?

L

Now that has got to be the best excuse ever!!

I am using in next time I get moaned at for spending too much on fish....

Honestly love it was that sneaky fish - he saw my credit card number and ordered all of these friends for himself!

:lol:

I think you've gone too long without a SW tank, ainsy, it's beginning to effect you.

L

Most reactions

Back