Last One To Post Here Wins Thread 2

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baseball is far more straight forward than cricket.

had my government and politics AP exam today. It was pretty hard but it could've been harder. the free response questions were actually easier than the multiple choice in my opinion.

KieranBoyne said:
Baseball is so darn confusing to me, with this innings and 100 for 6 business I just gave up to be honest. Good job on hitting 2 homers though.

Surely 100 for 6 is cricket, not baseball?

Played cricket last night, sadly lost by 3 wickets.

What does 100 for 6 mean?

100 for 6 in cricket means the score is 100 points for 6 wickets. (6 wickets = 6 batsmen taken out)

I don't follow cricket at all, yet i know this from pals watching and talking about this, in particular 20/20 cricket !

*yawns* 

is Cricket like Croquet--played with a wooden ball and a mallet?

Fishmanic said:
is Cricket like Croquet--played with a wooden ball and a mallet?

No, they are completely different sports. Croquet is where you hit the ball through a course of hoops, first one to get through the course is the winner.

Cricket is more similar to baseball, in that you aim to get all the opposition players out. There are more ways of getting batsmen out in cricket than baseball, and the rules are a heck of a lot more complicated, but the overall basis behind the game is broadly similar.

Had a great day, took the kids to Legoland, glorious weather, mildly sunburned!

Here's me and my youngest on the boat rides.  No comments about how the boat is listing please...!

IMG_02483_zpsada6bc93.jpg

What were the queues like, Daize? I remember my kids queued for 90 minutes for Driving School once.

Played cricket on Saturday, we had a very make-shift team, meaning I had to bowl (they normally don't let me, cos I am not the best bowler), and I took 4 wickets, including 2 in consecutive deliveries. Still can't quite believe it.

the_lock_man said:
What were the queues like, Daize? I remember my kids queued for 90 minutes for Driving School once.

Ouch that's bad... it was busy but the queues weren't that bad, about 25-30 minutes for Driving School.  Unfortunately the little one bottled out after 30 minutes of queueing for the junior driving when he realised he'd have to do it alone!

Daize, thats an excellent natural photograph, the boy looks like he's enjoying himself a lot. Sounds like was a great family day out :)

Yeah we'd all like to go back and do it again!  The kids both have birthdays this week so it was their treat.  They especially loved the water splash park, just the thing in this hot weather!

Daize,

Your lifevest doesn't appear to be fully functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back