L_Plates - Fishless Cycle Log - Complete

A couple of new videos with a little more movement tonight from the Five Banded Barbs.

My View from Couch

It always makes me sad to see corys on gravel coz i know they just want to snuffle their ickle noses in the substrate and have a good dig around :>

you know you want to change it, deep down... :>

Hehe, i may change over time but at the moment i will let the tank settle in.

Latest snap of the tank, just added the wood and plants on the right. All done now just need to let the plants and fish settle in.

Hope you like it.

240latest.jpg

All comments welcome.

Cheers
L_Plates

Cheers waterdrop, now its time to sit back relax and enjoy the tank :)

New Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc5cA_uDiAc

I like it a lot.

How are the five banded barbs getting on now? Are they still skittish or have they settled in by now?

been following this on here and another forum and you're doing well with the plants. Well done! :good:

I like it a lot.

How are the five banded barbs getting on now? Are they still skittish or have they settled in by now?

Settling in better now, they have started to colour up and move about a lot more, i think they are liking the extra cover on the right hand side aswell. I keep sitting in front of the tank to get them use to me.

LP

been following this on here and another forum and you're doing well with the plants. Well done! :good:

Thanks ianho, plants are harder than fish to look after :D

I am constantly reading and learning with help from all the useful people on the forums.

Cheers
LP

Yo, what power head did you get in the end mate? Going to get one for my tank, my old one is a little...old.

edit: not to worry, just got one at lunchtime, should do the job!

I got this one, http://www.aquariumsuperstore.co.uk/Seio-Superflow-M250.html

All fish looking settled now. Just upped the Copper Harlequins to 20.

Also last night i managed to get my first Lime green on the Yeast Co2. 4 x 2ltr bottles on for 10 hrs.

LP

Couple questions for you, since somehow u have almost exactly the stocking I was thinking/have

Copper Harlequins? how are they different then regular? are they also known as Slender Harlequins? I couldnt quite see them in the videos.

The 5 Banded barbs, these were going to be my next addition. How do you like them? whats their tempermant compared to the harlequins?

Hillstream loaches look awesome, but I read they need cooler water and lots of flow? How are yours getting along and what do u keep ur water at?

Rams, are these Blue Rams? or Bolivian? and with Blue's, I have to have my water a bit warmer, which is the opposite for hill stream loaches, so just wondering how you are doing it.

Thanks!

Great tank btw :good:

Couple questions for you, since somehow u have almost exactly the stocking I was thinking/have

Copper Harlequins? how are they different then regular? are they also known as Slender Harlequins? I couldnt quite see them in the videos.

The 5 Banded barbs, these were going to be my next addition. How do you like them? whats their tempermant compared to the harlequins?

Hillstream loaches look awesome, but I read they need cooler water and lots of flow? How are yours getting along and what do u keep ur water at?

Rams, are these Blue Rams? or Bolivian? and with Blue's, I have to have my water a bit warmer, which is the opposite for hill stream loaches, so just wondering how you are doing it.

Thanks!

Great tank btw :good:

Morning mate.

The copper harlequins are classed as Slender Harlequins yes. They do not have as much colour as the regular such as the dominant red/orange in the main body. However the copper coloured line next to the black is so vibrant it makes up for the less colour. Brilliant looking fish. Photo here, http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/30632_123671431006186_122612841112045_127139_4312275_n.jpg

The five banded barbs have been a surprise for me. I choose them over Tiger barbs as i wanted a peaceful tank and thought it to risky to go with the Tigers. However i did think the five banded barbs would be a little more ... how can i say it, active. Meaning that i thought they would move around the tank more than they do. They seem to stick around the lower part of my tank in the bogwood. They are getting better i think they just need a little more time. Very peaceful fish and i have had no problems with them.

The Hillstreams are doing great, i have a power head in my tank that they like to play near using the flow as a slipstream. I keep my temp at around 25-26 and they all seem really happy. I have 2 Sewellia lineolata which prefer the cooler water and 2 Gastromyzon scitulus which are a lot more hardy and ok with cooler and slightly higher.

My rams are German Blue Rams. I believe german blue rams are ok in water from 25-29 from what i read. Hopefully this is correct !

Cheers
LP

Most reactions

Back