Rasboras for Thirty Gallon

Also, I got weird information from the PetCo guy and local fish store guy. They seemed to think that even though I have super times five soft water, that the mollies and platies adapted to it. The local guy who took my fish even said they were super healthy for being in water they weren't suppose to be in.

This is completely false reasoning from the store employee(s). Fish cannot and do not adapt to such diverse water parameters (generally speaking). It is like those who belong to the flat earth society; in spite of the scientific evidence, they hold on to nonsensical "beliefs." Unfortunately, it seems that most employees especially in the chain fish stores lack any real knowledge of fish. As so many of us here constantly suggest, never trust their advice and always run questions past this forum.

This is completely false reasoning from the store employee(s). Fish cannot and do not adapt to such diverse water parameters (generally speaking). It is like those who belong to the flat earth society; in spite of the scientific evidence, they hold on to nonsensical "beliefs." Unfortunately, it seems that most employees especially in the chain fish stores lack any real knowledge of fish. As so many of us here constantly suggest, never trust their advice and always run questions past this forum.
That's what I thought. But then I heard it from the local pet store guy and it got me wondering.

Also, I added about eleven green tiger barbs in the tank yesterday. Would it be safe to add another group of fish?

Most reactions

Back