Killies In The Cupboard

Great build, looks awesome :)
Now we need pics of the fish!

Now we need pics of the fish!
I'm finding it difficult to get nice pics of the fish I already have obtained due to camera limitations and reflections on the glass
I'll keep trying.

Fish I already have managed to attain are
Aphyosemion elberti N'tui Ngorro Road
and
Aphyosemion elberti Mali Mombal JVC-07

Here are some web pics of the ones which are en-route

campomaanense3.jpg

This is quite a new species and not long discovered I have managed to acquire some eggs from a fellow breeder
it's called Aphyosemion campomaanense ABK 07/181

fwkillifishe1245254919.jpg

this is a bright new Notho sp. Nothobranchius malaissei DRCH 2008/06 Sange
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFq-A8hJ-p4

and my all time favourite
rivulus_xiphidius_male_gr01.jpg

Rivulus xiphidius This species is, and will always remain, an old friend in fishy terms.

I also need to acquire a few more livefoods that can be cultured relatively easily and I need to plan a few field trips/expeditions to locate and plunder.
In fact I was going to go today but the missus has taken my car. DOH!
ATB
C

Stunning, I have 2 tanks spare (excluding the cherry shrimp), 8 and 10 gallon, and will have another 8 gallon spare.
Will look into killifish more, I did have peacock gobies and Red eye red tail puffer planned.

A few more shots of the set-up

including the small planted aquaria (work in progress) for smaller killifish of course.
Picture632.jpg

Picture634.jpg

Not quite just there yet but close.

Picture635.jpg

Frustratingly awaiting new fish stocks.

Picture640.jpg

Livefoods....I'm almost fully stocked now.

ATB
C

hey BigC

crakin job on the tanks! amazing!

The Rivulus xiphidius looks gorgeous!

Thanks bagu. They are not an easy species to deal with but they are, as you say, a cracking fish.

My trio of Aphyosemion elberti Mali Mombal JVC 07 have settled in and have started to produce eggs. With a bit of tinkering with their water conditions I've seemed to have found their ideal make up.
Twelve eggs were laid in all today (17-08-2009). They have been harvested from the synthetic spawning mops and stored over wet Peat Moss at a temp of 76'F

Picture641.jpg
Picture643.jpg

Anyone wishing to see the day by day embryonic development of one of these eggs then please goto:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=301938

ATB
BigC

that would be cool

When are your killies due to arrive?

Hi
I am awaiting all the species, but they are comming from foreign countries so I'll just have to be patient and wait it out.
The Aphyosemion sp. was sent this morning according to breeder.
The Nothos are meant to be in transit and I am in close correspondence with the breeder as they are taking a bit long to get here.
The Riv. xiphidius cannot be sent until September as it's too warm to post fish in the breeders country at this present time.
The above factors are nothing to worry about as we are a slave sometimes to geographical climates and have a operating window of opportunity each year to get our fish posted within these times to attain the highest survival rate upon arrival.

My breeding male was a little occupied with spawning behaviour this evening and wouldn't stay still for a portrait so I've uploaded a picture of a female for now and maybe I can catch him later.

Picture647.jpg
Picture646.jpg

Female Aphyosemion elberti Mail Mombal JVC 07

Regards
C

Wow, they have got their own bar, good job they can't get out to help themselves :rofl:

It's looking awsome and it's so interesting

Seffie x

:fish:

hey BigC

ive come back to ask you a few questions about the Rivulus xiphidius
are they community fish? and what kind of parameters are they in need of, these fish have really grown on me :/
the Aphyosemion campomaanense also looks stunning.

thanks

Bagu

mali.jpg
Picture656.jpg
mombal.jpg

Male Aphyosemion elberti Mali Mombal JVC 07

Most reactions

Back