Killies In The Cupboard

you also need a comfy seat out there mate for all the time you will be spending out there
Got that covered too Ste. :p :lol:
Its an integral garage so she hasn't too far to walk to fetch me a nice mug of char.
ATB
C

Pastures new T.
I'm sure you'll cope without me. :look:
Had a few issues with NI folks so, going back to my roots so to speak.
ATB
C

Looks great, will be awaiting updates.
I'm beginning to become interested in killifish now :lol:

Thanks Guys!
Some more pics from the garage

Picture567.jpg

One of the insulated shelving areas

Picture568-1.jpg

One of the main communal breeding tanks (18x15x9)

Picture569.jpg

The same tank placed on the shelf. I will need to place some dark material under the base.

Picture570.jpg

Tanks fitted to see how the layout will look.

Picture572.jpg

I'm getting there....slowly

I'm now awaiting an Electrician to fit 3 double sockets to power the unit.

ATB
C

Nice clean breeding set-up, i love it :good:

Tropic john you'll get there mate, your already a fine young breeder :nod:

Your also taller than me at 5ft 5 lol

Thanks Guys.
But this is just the build. everything to hand and coordinated in one spot. The real work is in the water chemistry, breeding and rearing.
Must get on, the electrician is due any moment.
Meanwhile here's a preliminary view of the Livefood cupboard and the bottles of juice which will eventually be turned into Brineshrimp hatcheries.

Picture575.jpg

ATB
C

Wow, this looks really cool. Are you afraid that humidity will be a problem in such tight quarters?

Are you afraid that humidity will be a problem in such tight quarters?
That's a good point mate and one I have come across in the past with previous set-ups and fish-houses.
I find that adequate venting and the implementation of small fans help with this problem.
I the past my fish-houses were external affairs which meant that I couldn't leave the door open for obvious reasons. With this system I can.
The garage door is a roller type and therefore has gaps around which allow airflow through the room. I also have a window which throws in light so I can leave the cupboard doors open through the day. (negating for the artificial lighting to be on constantly) So I think I have most of the basis covered. If as always I find any problems along the way I will have to deal with them as and when they arise and make a note for future ventures.

The electrician has just left the building and has supplied me with 3 double power boxes to run the system
Nice clean and tidy worker, executed the job exactly to plan and I will use his services again.

Picture576.jpg

ATB
C

Most reactions

Back