Juwel Rio 125 Tropical To Marine Conversion

What ever you do dont add up the cost, swmbo might find it :crazy: :p

Seffie x

she doesnt need to find it, been keeping tabs since day 1 :blink:

made quite a bit of progress on my tank today :)

painted the back black:

P9030012.jpg

P9030011.jpg

P9030015.jpg

drilled the tank, what a feeling of relief i had when i got through, had a cheesy grin for a few mins :D there was a bit of an after problem ... the drill bit was 32mm and the pipe was 32mm.. internally. the external diameter was 34mm. had to nibble away another 2mm of tank, cabinet and shelf with the drill bit but all went well :D

P9030016.jpg

P9030018.jpg

drilled the cabinet and shelf

raised the shelf

P9030024.jpg

P9030022.jpg

got some perspex for the sump partition but i haven't siliconed them in yet as im not really sure where they need to be. heres a pic, are they ok here and is the height ok?

P9030025.jpg

P9030026.jpg

P9030027.jpg

when the sumps done i'll silicone the overflow pipe to the tank. gonna lower the inlet and make a weir tomorrow

P9030028.jpg

got the tank and sump sealed up today :)

P9060006.jpg

P9060005.jpg

The return pump was delivered today. also picked up the salifert no3 test from the LFS.

P9060004.jpg

hopefully getting the water on friday and rock on sat :)

every thing about your tank is better than mine :sad: :grr: well my dad did most of it because he took over the whole thing almost. :lol: same spray paint i used :good:

every thing about your tank is better than mine :sad: :grr: well my dad did most of it because he took over the whole thing almost. :lol: same spray paint i used :good:

your tanks looking good, hope mine goes the way i want it too. gonna fill it up tomorrow, i really hope there are no leaks. sealed it up good so fingers crossed.

i try not to let people do stuff for me, the end result is rarely how you want it unless your paying them :)

recommend using the paint, stuck to the glass really well. dont get it from hobbycraft, think it was £8 then seen it in most shops i went in after that for a fiver. :grr:

just filled the tank and im pleased to say there are no leaks :D the levels in the sump are spot on and the water level in the main tank is also exacly where i wanted it.

got some sludge and rubble from the live rock holding tank at the LFS too. Gonna pick the rock up tomorrow if the tanks up to temp, got 2 heaters going so hopefully will be ok

pics to follow

only thing i now need to sort is the noise from the overflow. any suggestions

when do i put the carbon and phos remover in?

looking good I;m looking forward to seeing this progress as thats the best part of any tank. I actually wish I was setting mine up again!! :hyper:

this is another one of those journal i enjoyed reading, looks ace Danny!

got 16/17 kg rock today :yahoo: looks like pretty good rock, really porous. got it straight out of the tank and took half an hour to get it into my tank. the tanks still a bit cloudy from adding the salt and live rock sludge yesterday.

the bloke i got it off give me some egg crate too, couldnt find any anywhere.

heres a few pics

P9090005.jpg

P9100008.jpg

P9100009.jpg

almost forgot... water readings

PH: 8
ALK: 1.6
NO2: 0.1
NO3: 50>75
KH: 1.020

Its soooo exciting when the rock goes in the tank :good: Danny, I would reconsider having eggcrate on the bottom, it can cause problems

Seffie x

Its soooo exciting when the rock goes in the tank :good: Danny, I would reconsider having eggcrate on the bottom, it can cause problems

Seffie x

yeah cant wait to start seeing life in there, is the salinity ok for now?

wasnt aware the egg crate causes problems, was only putting it down to protect the bottom of the tank. ill take it out when i arrange the rock.

do the water parameters look ok for this stage of the process?

i would cut the egg crate to were the the biggest rocks are :good:
the water are fine test in in the morning :good:

i would cut the egg crate to were the the biggest rocks are :good:
the water are fine test in in the morning :good:

will do. how does it cause problems?

just found the first sign of life in the tank. a tiny star fish thing. 4 long thin legs. its white/grey. any ideas? good or bad?

star fish will fine :good: i didnt use it tbh but when i upgrade i will.

Most reactions

Back