Jimbooo's Jungle Journal (rekord 60 - 12g)

total rip off of gf225's idea - sorry mate but you know how it is... :*)
I don't regard that as a "rip off" at all mate. Your little tank is totally original in my eyes at least.

I understand the glosso situation, it took a good fews days for mine to root.

ha ha, give it a month and you'll see what i mean. i was really only referring to the glosso and the general shape of the aquascape. tall top left sloping down to the front right. it'll be interesting to see how full the glosso gets in the front corner, i'm hoping it'll conceal the base of that mopani wood leaving a protruding trunk so to speak. we'll see.

Hey bud tank looks brill, be stunning when it grows out.
Yoyo's are great fish ain't they, mine waits to be fed every morning, its like a little dog begging.
Great photos too m8, my camera sucks in low light.

i know. i dont think i've looked at any other fish for a week. LOL theyre so funny to watch.

snail population seem to have plummeted as well so all's good

Looks good jimbooo, id say the Riccia and Glosso are nicely balanced in their growth rates give it a month and it will look cool, nicely filled in, the glosso will work well around the roots.

I really like it, jimbooo....good work...... Not sure about the broadleaf plant in the back centre but that's just me. Love the anubias (if it is?) framed by the riccia, should look beautiful when it grows out.
I'm hoping for my glosso to do the same thing and grow up around the bogwood....we'll see.
My 2 x 36 t5's just arrived so that should help!

Looks good jimbooo, id say the Riccia and Glosso are nicely balanced in their growth rates give it a month and it will look cool, nicely filled in, the glosso will work well around the roots.

thanks for the vote of confidence mate, fingers crossed.

I really like it, jimbooo....good work...... Not sure about the broadleaf plant in the back centre but that's just me. Love the anubias (if it is?) framed by the riccia, should look beautiful when it grows out.
I'm hoping for my glosso to do the same thing and grow up around the bogwood....we'll see.
My 2 x 36 t5's just arrived so that should help!

yeah they are my echinodorus (sp?) Bhleri (amazon swords) i have 4 in there now, pulled 2 out.

they dont look right but it's taken me 12 months to "Bonsai" them. they should be about 2 foot tall!! i really dont want to pull them out as they are irreplaceable at that size. new ones from the shop would be about 10 inches above the water level.. we'll see.

okay i've managed to upload pics to photobucket now so here goes the "New Look"

Its looking cool Jimbooo. Have you tried using the Sword to hide the filter? Would that look better?

maybe but they tend to bush out more if planted in the mid section. i really want a low profile to the front right. my armchair view is this pic (below)

with the sword there you'd have to get up to see into the tank. after all my aquascape is useless if it's not pleasing to the eye from my "Chair"

i'm sure you agree

60up6.jpg

missed this with the holidays 'n all!

Looks good Jim; and that's a pretty guppy I see there!

Are you planning on entering any contests this year?

How often do you change your tubes Jim?

:*) er when i can afford it. all current tubes are about 8 months old so about now.

amazing tank :band: :kewlpics: :thumbs:

But personally I don't like glosso, still amazing though :fun:

thanks

I like the way your Riccia runs around the wood to create a lush green hill, its just short of a few bluebells :)

LOL, that was tha plan, glad you see it too..

missed this with the holidays 'n all!

Looks good Jim; and that's a pretty guppy I see there!

Are you planning on entering any contests this year?

thanks mate, yeah i love the guppies theres 2 males in there, daddies to 70 odd fry in the cube

i entered all 3 tanks in to
this just waiting for the results.

thanks mate, yeah i love the guppies theres 2 males in there, daddies to 70 odd fry in the cube

i entered all 3 tanks in to
this just waiting for the results.

Good luck, I hope you get something!
My tank wasn't anywhere near ready to enter that comp unfortunately, but when the next contests roll around I'm gonna be well prepared. Looking forward to creating some mind blowing aquascapes! :D

lol, mine wasn't ready either so i used tank pics from a few months ago. sod it it's still mine if not current. i hope thats okay.

i doubt i'll win anything, i've never entered any comps before just having a play to see what feedback i get.

Yeah, I'm sure it's fine to do that. I think a lot of people do just that. create a 'Scape take photos, tear it down and build another. If I had the money I'd have a new one every three weeks!

Most reactions

Back