Jimbooo's Jungle Journal (rekord 60 - 12g)

thats something i've been meaning to do for about 18 months... i'll get around to it soon i promise.....

in the middle of house move still so tank is gutted. plants all floating etc... when it's all set up i'll take pics at the first prune...

Hiya. the tank is now in my office. still the same layout but doesn't get as much attention as i would like. i have added swordtails and they are popping out fry all the time. i've recently taken my rio180 there as well to make room for my new Vision 450 which is now in place and cycling.

busy year moving tanks about!

nice to see this thread again thanks for asking.

What is the small java fern? Have you just pruned it to keep it small or is it a specific small growing variety?

Can't say I've really noticed this thread before today - I have a Rekord60 with 2wpg (2x15w tubes, spread one right at the front and the other towards the back, ripped out all existing electricals etc) and my glosso seems to be doing well, it is staying very low down despite the poor choice of pea gravel! Strangely I also have some hair algae in my tank, all confined to the glosso, all getting ripped out soon so I am not overly fussed. Dosing full EI (with pressurised CO2) so I doubt it is nutrient issues. Recently reduced my fish stock level dramatically though and I think a high stock in this size of tank and the Juwel filter may give some degree of ammonia etc - I'm hoping that after the full rescape (and move to a TetraTec EX600) the hair algae won't come back....fingers crossed!

I'm re-scaping soon, if the java fern you have/had will stay that small I will have to try and find some, it is lovely!

hi nry. it's just pruning mate - standard Java Fern. i did grow them from plantlets though which helps. takes about 3 years lol.

Interesting - I have had a quick Google on dwarf java fern, there are some around but they are very rare and/or hard to find.

Nice Tank....I am following this thread as in i am going to setup my 60 liter tank like you..hope you dont mind..lol..lovely tank..

Can you tell me what tubes you have in your Rekord 60. i assume you have upgraded from the single one that comes as standard? a pic would be great if possible.

Cheers.

Ps Tanks look amazing!

one arcadia Fresh water and one dennerle special plant (7500K and 3 or 4000K i cant remember the dennerle exactly)

there should be a pic in the early pages of this journal, i'll check and inot will upload one later.
thanks for comments.

Edit: Post number 86 page 5

Most reactions

Back