Ian's Nano Cube

heres a little vid (view in 720p) on how different kelvin ratings can make a tank look really different.

The first is the TMC aqua ray 200 (9000K), the second is the arcpod with it's standard pink bulb, and the third is a household bulb in the Arcpod (2700k)

the standard bulb is the worst for me...

And as always, the techno beat really gets me going. :hyper:

Oh yeah, three actually has green in it.

they are breeding as well, so i'll give you a shout if i get over run. :good:

Looking nice mate, everything looks nice and settled, one thing tho, slightly red faced to say it to someone with more experience than me but, the large rock, will the carpet plant come to the edge? If not I'd add a little more substrate round the bottom edge so it looks like it's been there a while and not been placed on top, kinda looks like you could crawl under the edge of it if you know what I mean.

Steve, it doesn't matter whether someone with nil experience comments, all comment are constructive :good: . The glosso will take up to the rocks edge and i do see what you mean. I have lost a little bit of slope during water changes as the sand is so light, i shall build it up again until the glosso hits the rock. Thanks dude!

Looking good. It'll look great when filled in, I can see it. Everybody has CRS but me. I'm sad now. Stupid rasboras.

@Ian no worries dude.

@Liz get some smaller Rasbora lol.

3 week update...

Everything is doing well, still a little slow (maybe i'm being a little impatient!), there are shrimplets now. So i'm being careful not to suck em out when doing a water change. The Glosso is staying really small as well. The Riccia is going great guns. I have added another riccia stone to the front of the main stone.

glo4 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

glo3 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

glo1 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

glo2 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

The tank looks really good, I wish my plants looked that good, and I had that much aqua scraping skills. Your tanks are all so awesome. The shrimp are nice and vibrant too

EDIT- does Riccia have to be attached to wood to grow. I saw some at my LFS, they didn't know what it was but I thought about for an hour or so on the way home and came to the conclusion that it was Riccia, they refused to sell it to me because it needed to attach to wood to grow and not die...... Well atleast that is what they said

Most reactions

Back