Ian's Nano Cube

@ Steve, there's 5 stones in there lol.

@ Bubble, us planted folk don't do the fishless cycle thing (don't tell em in the new freshwater section). It already has some cherries in there.

@ Bubble, us planted folk don't do the fishless cycle thing (don't tell em in the new freshwater section). It already has some cherries in there.

SHUN ON YOU!!!! Yeah, i know why you dont as well... you just have to be a little more carefull with what you start out with...

Pmsl oh yeah, the front right 2 looked like one when I watched it lol, even better. :)

P.S. When you coming down to Kent? Need your SLR for an updated pic for tank of the year lol, no other reason (jokes) :)

Awesome Ian, I like the rock placement and choice of substrate, the depth is good, it gives the illusion of being bigger than it is. Apologies if I've missed it but I presume you're dosing Easy Carbo and ferts?

thanks Jack, i'm currently dosing a mil of carbo, 2ml of TPN+ and some ADA ECA. I just hope that the LED's aren't gonna throw out loads of light and i end up in algae hell! It's the first time i have used LEDS.

And Steve, i will hopefully be going down your way in the summer. :good:

Lol I was messing with ya anyways dude

I don't mind popping in mate, as long as the kettles on.

Beautiful, Ian. Yeah, once you go LED and Metal Halide, you don't go back. I'm soooooooo spoiled now. The look is so utterly different.

L

Thanks llj, and agree, LED'S are great. This seem to be doing OK in the tank. The Glosso has started sending out runners and the HM has got new growth on it. The cherry shrimp are also loving it.

heres a little vid (view in 720p) on how different kelvin ratings can make a tank look really different.

The first is the TMC aqua ray 200 (9000K), the second is the arcpod with it's standard pink bulb, and the third is a household bulb in the Arcpod (2700k)

the standard bulb is the worst for me...

1 or 3. I usually like 'pink' bulbs, but that is very pink indeed! :(

3 shows off the plants best, but 1 looks very crisp indeed and nice and bright.

The standard bulb is horrible isn't it. The first will be staying, thats the new LED...it give a great shimmer effect.

LED's are great. I use them as moonlights in my Shrimp tank. Very nice effect indeed, although not 'proper' ones like the ones you have.

I like the the 3rd one the best but the first one seems to make it "cleaner". :)

Most reactions

Back