Ian's Nano Cube

lol, yes, it's going to have a couple more species in. They come in the morning. :good:

Don't think you'd get away with the micro rasbora mate, they need space, mine are all over the tank all day. You'd get away with a badis tho, they territorial so just the one I'm affraid. Beautiful species tho mate, my alpha is so brightly coloured, the lighter part of him has a neon tint now and the red stripes really are a beautiful scarlet. Once the laptops fixed I'll putbup a pic or two.

Looking good! I wish I could aquascape. :D

Are you going to have any other plants in there?

Is the pope a catholic?

Haha! I liked this, very clever!

Don't think you'd get away with the micro rasbora mate, they need space, mine are all over the tank all day. You'd get away with a badis tho, they territorial so just the one I'm affraid. Beautiful species tho mate, my alpha is so brightly coloured, the lighter part of him has a neon tint now and the red stripes really are a beautiful scarlet. Once the laptops fixed I'll putbup a pic or two.

I actually agree with this one, Ian. A Badis is a very good choice. Wonder if they'll nip at shrimpies, though?

Hhhmmm thanks guys, i may just keep it as a shrimp tank. We'll see...what about a couple of CPD's?

I'd forget the cpd's as well mate, in small numbers they're quite shy, I'd go with Badis neither of mine touch my shrimp, most of my cherries are bigger than the Badis lol. They may go for the odd newly hatched but I've never seen them, my population of shrimp in my Badis tank has boomed recently so they can't get many if they do. :)

Planting done, it has been planted with Glosso, Hm, E Tennilus and Riccia. Mark Evans popped over this morning, so i got him in on the action...he made my riccia stones. Here's some pics and a vid of the planting process.

The face of concentration from Mr Evans

Mr Mark by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Hm in the left corner by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

E Tennilus behind large rock by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Riccia stones by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

waiting for the water by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

and the vid shows the filling of the tank (needs to be viewed in 720p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqdkd6-8NJw

just now wait for the spreadage!

:wub: Well, I'd love to apply these kinda nano techniques to my 4ft-er for an epic panorama type thing!

it can always be done! A large iwagumi always looks stunning.

anyways, I have gotten rid of the Arcpod and replaced it with a Aqua ray 200 LED. It now looks really nice, with the shimmer effect. Heres a quick vid (best viewed in 720p).

Looking good mate even tho you opted for 4 instead of 3 or 5 stones. :)

looking nice Ian :) now for the cyling and a few lil' fishythingies

Most reactions

Back