I Think I Might Have Possibly Made Up My Mind..... Maybe :)

Cooper2085

Fishaholic
Reaction score
After a long discussion with the boss and the recent problems I had with my FW tank I'm thinking of going salty for the first time in my life. The main question is; the tank is not set up for a sump but there is enough room in the cabinet for 2. Are they easy to drill for a useless DIY'er or are there people who can offer that service?

It's a 6ft 187G tank that is currently empty, I'm not worried about the CUC/fish/corals yet as I want to get the hardware right first. I have a aqua 400 external filter, a 1200l p/h power head, a FX5 external filter, 2 x 300w heaters, 4 T5 marine whites and a T5 marine blue already that I would ideally like to reuse to keep costs down.

Any ideas or pointers would be welcome, I'm a complete novice to marine life but a quick and eager learner!

I would get someone proffesional or at least experienced with drilling glass :good: because otherwise... its a mistake you only make ones when you smash the tank!

You will need a Diamond Drill bit and a *really* steady hand!

Welcome to the salty side

Definitely get someone to do it as MBOU says the only mistake you can make is a big one!

Make be worth talking to a local glazing centre to see of they can assist just make sure you have it all worked out first as once it's drilled it's not really possible to move it :lol:

I'm hoping to get someone to come round and do it, the tank weighs around 200kg lol

Most reactions

Back