Grayscale's 55G Peice Of Paradise

My concern with the extra height though is if the return pump will be able to keep up with the drain.

I recieved a text message from the owner of the lfs... Tanks will be ready for pick up later today! By this day next week I'm hoping to finish staining the stand, putting down rubberized carpet in the cabinet to reduce noise from the pumps and equipment and should at least have the materials (maybe a dry fit) for the plumbing! Super excited. Will post pictures of the tanks and some other equipment waiting to be put to use. :hey:

The tanks are finished and I was able to pick them up today before I came into work! Luckily the 55g fit in the back of my car. :p
1a91c6cb.jpg

74e23563.jpg

97ee5266.jpg

pictures of other equipment have not been taken yet. I will post those once it is unpackaged and initial setup is occuring. The sump fits in the bottom of the stand quite nicely with plenty of room to work down there if needed. I will be painting the back of the tank in the next couple of days as well as finish priming the stand. Hopefully I can get a dry fit on the PVC so I can drill holes in the back of the stand for placement as well as applying the rubberized carpet in the cabinet.

Looking good :good:

Just wondering how that cabinet is braced, I'm no carpenter but just not sure that I would trust that single bracing bar at the front. Probably just me being over cautious and everyone feel free to tell me to wind my neck in.

Those 2 corner braces in the back are good support. Plus the side and back panneling were somewhat built into the overall support. It's hard to show how in pictures though.

Goodness it's been an awful long time since I've been on here and yet... I've still made no progress into the build haha.

Recently I've started to have a little more time now that work is a little more settled down and I'm going to start up again on my build.

Sometime this week, I will be putting the stain on my stand to waterproof it an painting the back of the tank either a royal blue or black. Next time I get paid I'll be purchasing the plumbing and do a dry fit.

Goodness it's been an awful long time since I've been on here and yet... I've still made no progress into the build haha.

Recently I've started to have a little more time now that work is a little more settled down and I'm going to start up again on my build.

Sometime this week, I will be putting the stain on my stand to waterproof it an painting the back of the tank either a royal blue or black. Next time I get paid I'll be purchasing the plumbing and do a dry fit.

It's nice to see you back. Don't worry about not having progressed with your build. Sometimes life takes control and you have to do what you have to do. :) Great job on the stand!

Liz

Thanks liz. I cant take full credit for the stand I only designed it, my moms boyfriend built it. :p

And now a turn for the worst...
2011-07-15073658.jpg

This happened the same day I was plabning on painting and staining and now I cant. I fractured my hand so heavy lifting is outta the question. Its hard enough cleaning my fw tanks. :)

As soon as im healed im getting it all setup and filled in a couple days so that way I cant have any more set backs... Sounds fool-proof right? One can only hope I suppose.

But in the meantime I picked "Aquarium Corals" to learn and pass the time before then. :good:

Ouch :crazy: this hobby sure is dangerous! Good job you have the marine bible to pass away the hours

How's the wrist doing? You could always work on stock lists. :D

Haha... My hand is unwrapped but still fractured. I should be all healed up in 3 weeks more or so. Oh and I have been working on stock!

Corals:
Toadstool leather
Hammer
Zoas
Ricordia
Maybe a gorg or two :p (I like the dimension they can add.)
After awhile a bta and maxima clam(still doing research to be sure my lighting will be sufficient. I might do a diy spotlight to add more light above the clam)
If not a bta then possibly a tube nem.
Disc coral(undecided on short or long)
A brain of some sort
Trumpet

Fish:
Pair of clowns(not sure which but a lfs about an hour away had some awesome platinum ones, pricey but different)
Possibly a dwarf angel of some sort
Goby/shrimp pair (A MUST HAVE)
Red or purple firefish

Cuc: still unsure about this and still doing research. I dont really want to go with hermits but theyre so interesting its a hard decision. Any thoughts on this would be nice... *cough cough* donya..*cough cough*

Of course this is all subject to change with recommendations from you all or my own changes.

Hand must have healed by now, so you probably have some updates?? =0)

Hand must have healed by now, so you probably have some updates?? =0)

I wish... Ive been crazy with work since that hurricane hit over here. I really want to/need to work on it though

Most reactions

Back