I DID IT!!!

daudy_dojo

crazy betta lady 0.o
Reaction score
yesterday... well no wait wensday i did a waterchange on my bettas and like o-m-g

i helled my breathe poured my betta into my hand then dipped him in his new tank YEY!!! i over came my fear

my fear was to touch fish!! :( i get squeemish sometimes :p you should of seen me the first time i caught a cricket :S

im so proud of myself :) YEY!!!!!

Ooohhhh! Congratz!!!
I don't think that's a fear I will overcome any time soon :p ... When I know a fish is missing and might have jumped I call my boyfriend and leave the room coz I'm too scared to see them out of the water, let alone hold them! :eek:

Good job on you for overcoming your fear! :D

I don't like to touvh them, but I'm not scurd to, but congrats on your overcoming of your fear!

LOL, congrats on that, I could understand how it would give you the heebie-jeebies! I have no problems touching them though...I refuse to use the mesh nets, had too many problems with them and I feel so horrible when I take them out of the water in one, so I use a clean hand and a cup I bought them in to get them out of the tank. :thumbs: Need to get me one of those Thai net/cup thingys that the breeders use.

:) Thanks guys lol

erised sounds like me if i cant find a fish my BF runs over here to help me look for it :) then i find out my fish was hding and my BF gets mad :p hehe

lee- your a man and you dont liek to touch creepy stuff?? thats so confusing :/

mina- :p hehe you mean those silk nets right? those things are awsome!! :)

mm... yeah. I have no problem touching or holding fish or insects, but I don't do it because I could accidentally squeeze, drop or damage the fish. We have oils and germs and lotion on our hands that might hurt the fish when directly touching them. -_-

You would totally flip out at all of the wrongness in my house, Micheal.
:lol:
We touch fish all day around here. I use my hand for all of my water changes. But worst yet...my daughter gets on a step ladder and plays in one of my grow out tanks (red) for hours. Holding them in her hand (in the water of course) ,sticking flakes to her wet hand and dunking it in the tank :rolleyes:
They bite her :lol:
She also plays with our midas every day, she pets the top of his head and he's as nice as can be to her. I used to have to grab his tail during water changes to express my dominace or he would have tore me up. No one's complaining though. As long as your hands are wet it should be fine :)
Congrats daudy. It's not so bad :p

ok i still think its best not to handle smaller more nervous fish but maybe big ones

LOL soon people will be taking their fish for walks :rofl:

:lol: Good job daudy.

And wuvmybetta- Yeah I am a sinner too :p I hold and pet all my babies, they are as tame and loving as a fish could be ;) Funny how they learn to let you pet them instead of swimming away.

i put them all out side the other day whilst cleaning the barracks loved it sun was shining not a problem as its hot were they come from and was nice to see them in natural light so i do in theory take them for a walk not to far yet as 50 fish on a table and talking to them then neighbors start talking and i use hand rather than nets......... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Most reactions

Back